What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Media Watch to do a job on ACA/4 Corners Tonight...True?

I was told to watch it tonight because they were going to do a story ripping into ACA and 4 Corners, but their website has no details on tonight's episode. Does anyone watch the ABC during the week to confirm if this is the case?

I will get in early and say I am not 100% sure if they are as I don't watch ABC at all, but tune in anyway just in case they do, I guess.

I hope they do rip the sh*t out of both programs.

Parra

Referee
Well some bloke rang up Talkin' Sport and said he'd heard it from a mate.

So it must be true.

Being the main media story of the week i would expect them to do some sort of story on the reporting of it.

I watch it every week ( via podcast) and this is what they normally do if there is a big story.

badav

Bench
whats the point really. the damage has been done. the amount of bad press this issue has brought to the game is enourmus.

its an absolute joke that people in the media can do this sort of damage to the game based on shaky facts and pay no consequence whatsoever.

El Diablo

Post Whore
whats the point really. the damage has been done. the amount of bad press this issue has brought to the game is enourmus.

its an absolute joke that people in the media can do this sort of damage to the game based on shaky facts and pay no consequence whatsoever.

it's inexcusable

Sharks should sue as they've lost sponsors because of it

sass

Juniors
if you miss it kids media watch put everything up on their website as videos and transcripts, so don't stress.

sass

Juniors
in australia at least, for defamation you don't need to prove loss of income, only damage to reputation. if you can prove that, it falls on the defence to prove one of the defences (eg prove what they said or implied was true)

but obviously the amount that you are awarded if you win will differ based on how the loss can be quantified. hope that makes sense.

Game_Breaker

Coach
in australia at least, for defamation you don't need to prove loss of income, only damage to reputation. if you can prove that, it falls on the defence to prove one of the defences (eg prove what they said or implied was true)

but obviously the amount that you are awarded if you win will differ based on how the loss can be quantified. hope that makes sense.

Ah k,

But if there is loss of income, that is an indication of damaged reputation right?

sass

Juniors
well I'm ooold and finished my law a while ago, but the test for whether your reputation has been damaged is based on whether what was said would lower your reputation in a reasonable person's eyes. so that's why whether you have actually suffered as a result doesn't affect proving your case.

so for matty johns, for example, if he didn't lose his jobs, he might still have a case for defamation and be awarded an amount anyway.

but the thing is, a big corporation like the sharks can't sue for defamation. cause you can't defame a large group (like a footy club or a whole country). so they might be able to sue for injurious falsehood and to do that they need to prove economic loss.

sorry for the boring law stuff, but I hope that makes sense!

ucantseeme

Juniors
I hope they don't focus on Fatty's pat on the back and ignore the sleaze and misinformation spouted by 4 Corners, Nine news & the Telegraph