What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mediteranean Cup

global13

Juniors
Gday all (this is formerly Musai Moran), good to be back in the fold of the forums.

I just wanted to see if anyone has heard anything about the Med Cup starting this weekend? I havent heard too much in the lead up to this competition, although it shapes as a great tournament for rugby league and further developing the game throughout Lebanon.

I would be interested to hear what the Lebanese team is going to be. Has anyone heard a likely line up? Is Hazem or Hasan Saleh playing?

Will also be great to see Serbia taking yet another step in there rugby league development.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
I think I read somewhere that Ahmed Bajouri and Robbie Farrah are playing. Someone from the broncos too. Forgot his name though. Haven't heard anything on El Masri unfortunatley.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Michael Coorey is the bloke from the Broncos, and I think they mentioned Monah Elamhad, Im not so sure on that.

dimitri

First Grade
all sounds promising for these nations and international league

go serbia and go lebanon

JasonE

Bench
I've been informed France are only sending half of their best team to the Med Cup, the other half are playing against the touring Australians, bit of a shame I think.

Razor

Coach
In-goal said:
On TRL they mentioned something about Italy? can anyone expand on that.

Italy played last year. They aren't playing thie year due to financial reasons. Serbia took their place.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
dimitri said:
italy did defeat greece on sept 29

by 2 poiints on the buzser

Do you have a crowd figure on how many people turned up? i was meant to go but something came up that afternoon so I had to cancel it.

Razor

Coach
Tidus_Raider said:
dimitri said:
italy did defeat greece on sept 29

by 2 poiints on the buzser

Do you have a crowd figure on how many people turned up? i was meant to go but something came up that afternoon so I had to cancel it.

dimitri

First Grade
the crowd was actually 4000

there was an unofficial report going around which said that the crowd was 1000

but that was an estimate which was way off the mark

ali

Bench
I'm looking forward to when Lebanon play Morocco and young stars jihad and baghdad go head to head. :lol:

His Excellency Dr Sebouh Hovnanian, Lebanon’s Minister of Youth and Sports, has officially launched the Rugby League Mediterranean Cup 2003.

The launch was held at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Hamra, central Beirut, and the tournament will be played in Tripoli and Beirut from the October 19-25 between Lebanon, France, Morocco and Serbia-Montenegro. Entrance is free to all matches.

"The Mediterranean Cup promises to be a very exciting competition, bringing the Mediterranean region together from all sides, and Lebanon and the Ministry of Youth and Sport is proud to support it, " said Dr Hovnanian.

Lebanon, known as the Bartercard Cedars, are the current trophy holders, after their historic 36-6 win over World Cup quarter finalists France last November.

The Lebanese Rugby League Committee has also announced the four squads participating in the tournament.

Lebanon: Jihad Ashkar* (AUB); Michael Azzam (Balmain Tigers); George Azzi (Sydney Bulls); Mohamed Chahal (Sydney Bulls); Samer Elmasri (Sydney Bulls); Hazem El Masri (Canterbury Bulldogs); Wissam Elmasri (Newtown Jets); Anthony Farah (Penrith Panthers); Charles Farah (Balmain Tigers); Mohamed Habbous* (Balamand); Rudi Hachache* (LAU); Sami Halabi* (LAU Immortals); Anthony Letayf* (AUB); Ray Moujjali (Sydney Roosters); Wasim Mumneh* (AUB); Charlie Nohra (Sydney Bulls); Chris Salem (Sydney Bulls); Chris Saab (South Sydney Rabbitohs); Anthony Semrani (South Sydney Rabbitohs); Hassan Taha* (Balamand); Travis Touma (Cronulla Sharks). Caoch: Darren Maroun. Assistant coach: Chadi Chalhoub.
*Two to be omitted from final 20-man squad to be announced on October 15.

Serbia & Montenegro: Valentin Hazen (Novi Sad); Luka Marin (Novi Sad); Marko Cebeljan (Novi Sad); Milan Corcevic (Dorcol XIII); Ivan Antic 21 (Dorcol XIII); Radovan Valcic (Morava); Radoslav Novakovic (Dorcol XIII); Jovan Vujocevic (Dorcol XIII); Aleksandar Poprecica (Dorcol XIII); Dejan Karatrajkovski (Beli Orao); Nenad Tomic (Dorcol XIII); Marko Jankovic (Dorcol XIII); Aleksandar Radivojevic (Dorcol XIII); Miloc Kovac (Morava); Milan Rakovic (Dorcol XIII); Dimitris Dajc (Dorcol XIII);
Haris Dajc (Dorcol XIII); Miloc Milinkovic (Dorcol XIII); Daniel Gaic (Dorcol XIII); Milan Prstojevic (Novi Sad); Djordje Kostic (Dorcol XIII); Nenad Grbic (Novi Sad). Coach: Dragan Pavlovi. Assistant coach: Aleksandar Milocevic.

Morocco: Salim Sabri (Carcassonne); Ali Fakir (Bias); Foued Boudali (Lyon Villeurbanne); Anass Chlouk (Lyon Villeurbanne); Rachid Abdessamad (FC Lézignan); Tarek Bliel (Villeneuve); Tarek El Boutchi (Palau); Houssine El Boutchi (Palau); Nordine Tahri (Palau); Baghdad Tahri (Palau); Yacine Khattabi (Entraigues); Younes Khattabi (Entraigues); Mohamed Esselma (Cahors); Abdel Zirar (Cahors); Abdel Oulias (Pamiers); Ahmed Boualem (Réalmont); Rachid Faresse (Carpentras); Ichem Oumansouri (St Gaudens); Moustaffa Mahfoudi (FC Lézignan). Coach: Emmanuel Fauvel.
Assistant coach: Patrick Gorinat.

France: Fourcade Abasse (St Gaudens); Frédéric Banquet (Carcassonne); Laurent Carrasco (Villeneuve); Florian Chaubet (Pia); Daniel Dumas (Cronulla Sharks); Olivier Elima (Wakefield Trinity Wildcats); Djamel Fakir (UTC); Cédric Gay (Toulouse); Julien Gerin (Toulouse); Maxime Greseque (Pia); Jérôme Guisset (Warrington Wolves); Jérôme Hermet (Villeneuve); Sylvain Houles (Wakefield Trinity Wildcats); Pascal Jampy (UTC); Dimitri Pelo (Cronulla Sharks); Olivier Pramil (Toulouse); Sébastien Raguin (Toulouse); Franck Rovira (Pia); Claude Sirvent (St Gaudens); Sebastien Terrado (Pia). Coach: Gilles Dumas. Assistant coach: Lionel Garrigues.

ali

Bench
BTW, Musai, doesn't someone else already post as Global13. Atleast on totalrl.com and the Sharks website. Lives in Bundeena from memmory.

In-goal

Bench
AUB American Uni Beirut ,not sure what the other stands for but they both play in the lebanese comp. Morroco have plenty of players in France and Serbia will be fielding a side from there home grown competition.

Latest posts