What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Cup Winner 2015

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hate backing Japanese horses period, but Fame Game. Actually watched a couple of its races and in a poorish field this year I'm on it. Got it at $17, $15 and it is already come in a bit after the trainer nominated.

Had a similar feel with Protectionist last year, and for goodness sakes why I didn't belt that horse I will never know.

Anyone else like any others in the Melbourne Cup (I know it is early lol)

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I don't mind having a long range bet, but there is always a lot of value on game day for the Cup so I don't seem a need to for it... It's usually at least 6-7 dollars the field.

I've had a few all-ins for the carnival yesterday though

Mr Individual- Caulfield Guineas $26
Noble Protector- Cox Plate $21
Alpine Eagle- Cox Plate $17
Complacent- Caulfield Cup $61

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I know that this horse has the name of a absolute donkey but Who Shot Thebarman is a good 3200m horse,he is only lightly raced for a 6 year old(20 odd starts),placed in the Sydney Cup and Melbourne Cup,won the Auckland Cup,his most impressive efforts for me where when he was at WFA when he was only a few lengths from them on both occasions in the Chipping Norton Stakes(5th) and BMW Stakes(4th),it showed me he was more than just a plodding donkey.

https://youtu.be/ras_Vv7R9_I

BMW

https://youtu.be/z4-yX_N2k_E

Chipping Norton Stakes

https://youtu.be/hoOI6DKzYSw

Sydney Cup

Chipping Norton and BMW runs were very good at WFA,will be suited back to the handicap of the Melb Cup,only having 20 starts this horse may still have something left to give,very lightly raced for a 6 year old.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Never back anything that has run in the cup and didn't win the first time around, that theory has held me in good stead over the years. Only time I want away from that formula in recent times was Maluckyday and that was probably the Zabeel factor that swayed me. WSTB was a good run last year and a good multiples chances but I won't be having anything on it to win.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Will be interesting to see the weights, anything more than 57.5 or 58kilos and forget about it. Literally said that to everyone last year that wanted to back the favourite, too heavy. Meh I had the last laugh anyway, they went home cursing themselves, I went home up for the day, although I didn't win much on the Cup (was up about $250 on the Cup itself)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Fiorente defied that theory but your right they don't do it often
Lol forgot about him, I even had a lazy last minute Lobster on him before the jump. But the last horse to do that was empire rose. And I was a young tacker that wouldnt have known one end of a form guide from another.

Reading the form guide got dis :cool:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Either way this thread will be gold. I'll either look like a dill or a genius lol. Love the racing all year round. Going down for Cup day as usual.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Lol forgot about him, I even had a lazy last minute Lobster on him before the jump. But the last horse to do that was empire rose. And I was a young tacker that wouldnt have known one end of a form guide from another.

Reading the form guide got dis :cool:

:cool: What a beast

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Either way this thread will be gold. I'll either look like a dill or a genius lol. Love the racing all year round. Going down for Cup day as usual.

Melb Cup is such a great betting race,so open,plenty of value,in terms of an actual race its f**ked,hopeless donkeys make up the majority of the field,Cox Plate is the best race but Melb Cup is a beast betting race.

Fiorente was about a $7 dollar fav when he won,gotta love an open betting race like that.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Melb Cup is such a great betting race,so open,plenty of value,in terms of an actual race its f**ked,hopeless donkeys make up the majority of the field,Cox Plate is the best race but Melb Cup is a beast betting race.

Fiorente was about a $7 dollar fav when he won,gotta love an open betting race like that.
$7.50 fixed price :cool:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I don't mind having a long range bet, but there is always a lot of value on game day for the Cup so I don't seem a need to for it... It's usually at least 6-7 dollars the field.

I've had a few all-ins for the carnival yesterday though

Mr Individual- Caulfield Guineas $26
Noble Protector- Cox Plate $21
Alpine Eagle- Cox Plate $17
Complacent- Caulfield Cup $61

Get on now kents before he bolts in this weekend.. Still 21s around the traps

Sphagnum

Coach
Alpine eagle does to many things wrong to win a cox plate imo. Sound return but you really need to be right on your game towin a cox plate.