What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Home Game

brendothejet

First Grade
hi all.

Just wondering if the storm are doing anything to capitalise on the increased sports hype in melbourne at the moment?

Will we see a big crowd at olympic?

Surandy

Bench
brendothejet said:
hi all.

Just wondering if the storm are doing anything to capitalise on the increased sports hype in melbourne at the moment?

Will we see a big crowd at olympic?

Storm & the NRL are doing sweet f**k all at the moment. To be honest if they did anything right now it was be way under the radar so would be ineffective.

Storm are saving their advertising budget for the start of our home season, ie mid to late April. At least I hope that's what they are doing.

Big crowd? Really hard to say, I sure hope so. I think the lack of RL in Melbourne will result in a lot of people hanging out to see a live match. We will get 10k+ but how many exactly is hard to say.

Mike, first home game is in 5 weeks time. As for the Bulldogs vs Tigers game, it might have been on bloody late, wasn't it closer to 1:45 than 1:15? but DAMN! WHAT A GAME!!!

Intensity, big hits, bit of biffo, that game was worth staying up for!!!

Surandy said:
Mike, first home game is in 5 weeks time.
4 weeks and 1 day (if it's a Sunday). ;-) :cool:

Surandy said:
As for the Bulldogs vs Tigers game, it might have been on bloody late, wasn't it closer to 1:45 than 1:15? but DAMN! WHAT A GAME!!!

Intensity, big hits, bit of biffo, that game was worth staying up for!!!
I wouldn't know I have Foxtel :lol:

Even then it came on at 12:00 after a Fuggen Yawnion match :evil:

Storm need to play on the success of the rugby 7's and get their advertising into gear now...the 7's crowd was a diverse bunch predominantly kiwis, poms and aussies but all had a geniune interest in rugby and league in general...these are the fans we need !!!.

The Tank

Bench
I saw a Warriors jersey in the crowd on TV, it'd be great if the Storm could cash in on some of the 7's support.

Surandy

Bench
The Tank said:
I saw a Warriors jersey in the crowd on TV, it'd be great if the Storm could cash in on some of the 7's support.

At Telstra Dome yesterday afternoon I saw 5 or 6 people wearing Storm gear, a Raiders jersey and Broncos and Panthers caps.

Surandy

Bench
UndertakerMike said:
4 weeks and 1 day (if it's a Sunday). ;-) :cool:

5 weeks, this is Round 2 and Storm's first home game is Round 7. 4 weeks and 6 days if we get the Friday night match. :shock:

We'll know when the game will be played this Tuesday.

simostorm

Bench
I think for the first game we will get about 10,700.
Im predicting that after the SoO3 alot of ppl will come back for some more
so will see in game late in the season we will get our biggest crowd in a long time and crack the 15k mark.

Surandy said:
5 weeks, this is Round 2 and Storm's first home game is Round 7. 4 weeks and 6 days if we get the Friday night match. :shock:

We'll know when the game will be played this Tuesday.
I keep forgetting that fuggen bye. :x

riccardo

Juniors
It would be nice to see a huge crowd there, if we can keep on winning I think that will come regardless, the crowds only really dropped below acceptable last year after the side dropped a few games, on the winning run there was loads of hype and great crowds.

FWIW, I just noticed the game against the Panthers in R6 is ast Hindmarsh in Adelaide, neutral territory may be a great place to start off with and Adelaide is a fairly easy train or bus trip.

How many Storm fans do you think would cross the border to see this. Regaularly, I'd only be interested in Canberra because it is so close, but the Adelaide trip bears some merit.

LESStar58

Referee
simostorm said:
I think for the first game we will get about 10,700.
Im predicting that after the SoO3 alot of ppl will come back for some more
so will see in game late in the season we will get our biggest crowd in a long time and crack the 15k mark.

I think we'll fall just short of 10,000 for the Knights game. The AFL will be back by then. The big drawcards are the Broncos game and the Warriors game.

Hellsy

Immortal
UndertakerMike said:
How many turned up for the Roosters game. Looked like the Stand was virtually empty. :?

They reckon over 10,000... my friends and I reckon about 8,000 would be more accurate.
We sat down the shady end kind of off to the side of behind the deadball line and in our bay there was only 2 others, opposite us there was 4 bays with a total of 2 people in it.
The only places that looked remotely full was the bays along the halfway line, even the Chook pen seemed to be missing some numbers

Hoggy

Bench
LESStar58 said:
I think we'll fall just short of 10,000 for the Knights game. The AFL will be back by then. The big drawcards are the Broncos game and the Warriors game.

One positive of that night is that there are no AFL games that night, and just the one game during the day. (Dogs vs Geelong at the Dome...be a good game as well, I might do the double.) :cool:

Hoggy

Bench
Hellsy said:
They reckon over 10,000... my friends and I reckon about 8,000 would be more accurate.
We sat down the shady end kind of off to the side of behind the deadball line and in our bay there was only 2 others, opposite us there was 4 bays with a total of 2 people in it.
The only places that looked remotely full was the bays along the halfway line, even the Chook pen seemed to be missing some numbers

Rugby league heartland!!!!!111!!!