What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne "No Try"

MRN

Bench
The decision against the raiders several years ago was at a moment in time of the game that ruined it. There was no coming back from that.
The decision tonight was poor but was before half time. Storm were outplayed for most of that game. Result was fine.
It was in the second half. The 48th minute. If they award it, it doesn't mean an automatic storm win, but the events of the next 30 minutes don't play out the exact same way.

Apey

Staff member
Live and on the initial replays I thought it was somebody's tape and/or boot.

Seeing the post-game replays on CH9, the ball looks like its clearly grounded.

Gus and Gal just said on live television that the photos on social media have been doctored I shit you not.

Valheru

Coach
The decision against the raiders several years ago was at a moment in time of the game that ruined it. There was no coming back from that.
The decision tonight was poor but was before half time. Storm were outplayed for most of that game. Result was fine.
Today's one was in the 2nd half, not before half time.

simmo05

Bench
Wasn't it Ivan having a whinge last week about the bunker and how he didn't want it to decide the GF?

I'd be very interested in his view on this.
It's fantastic that one of the 4 golden teams cops a shit call that could have cost them the game. Suck shit, I hope it happens more often.

Good game riff, best since St George

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Disappointed Gordon Ramsay GIF by BBC

Valheru

Coach
A fantastic view showing the ball not on the ground you blithering idiot
I know you're not that stupid

For what it's worth I don't even subscribe to the "it cost storm the game" point of view.

The bunker system needs to be blown up and overhauled. I'd start with the refs at least being involved in the decision making like in union or even being solely responsible for it ala the NFL.

snickers007

Juniors
Panthers fan here.
Thought it was a Try on live viewing. Thought it was a Try based on bunker footage.

Terrible decision, and absolutely changed the course of the second half.

Really disappointed that this decision will now dominate parts of the discourse around the game, rather than just focussing on the end result and the unrelenting Panthers juggernaut.

Latest posts