What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne "No Try"

Bazal

Post Whore
It's borderline at best, I don't think it's a big issue, it's certainly not dangerous or reckless.

Yeah some A grade straw clutching.

To'o touches him in the air, but the push is pretty well timed with his foot hitting the deck too

kurt faulk

Coach

I still can't believe the 9 commentators were still saying it was a try after the head on replay clearly showed the ball never hit the ground. They are useless. At least fittler was the dissenter and could see it wasn't a try.

sdx

Juniors
On the plus side, I work in Melb CBD and I've actually overheard quite a bit of NRL chat today. Sure it's mostly about how it was supposedly the wrong call but any publicity...

Lynoman

Bench
FTR, C9 broadcast in 1080p, the higher def video probably came from Fox who would have filmed it in 4K, hence the time it took for them to release the HD footage.

Last edited:

YoHadrian

Juniors
It was a try. No way an arm got under that & if there was a arm near it surely a small portion of the ball was ground.

Then again it's Melbourne so that they suffer the indignity of being KleinKampfed like many, many teams before them.

Burn.

MugaB

Coach
It was a try. No way an arm got under that & if there was a arm near it surely a small portion of the ball was ground.

Then again it's Melbourne so that they suffer the indignity of being KleinKampfed like many, many teams before them.

Burn.
Clearly there's an arm, different angles show different outcome, bunker has access to lots of different angles, the broadcaster only sees and replays a few

Rod

Bench
Fascinating case this one in groupthink and how unwilling a lot of people are to budge from their initial impression.

It's a pretty clear no try. At an absolute minimum the Bunker was justified in upholding the initial no try call.

Kind of bizarre the response this one has gotten tbh, for a fairly non-controversial call. I guess it's because it's a grand final but it appears to have reached many of the nutters and conspiracy theorists on twitter.

yobbo84

Coach
Honestly... noone is going to remember the 2024 GF other than it being the Panthers 4th prem in a row. It was an absolute nothing burger of a match.

no name

Referee
If you have to tell people how good something is it usually means it stinks.

Thompson is an ass, his commentary sounds like an 8 yr old at those Easter Show stands where you can do your own commentary, scream about everything.

As part of the next TV deal the NRL need to put it in the contract Gus, Joey and Thompson get the sack.

Back to the post, the press that saw the vision all agree the ball was held up. Even if it was a try they lose by 2 instead of 8. Melbourne lose whichever way you slice it.

The merkin should’ve been punted after the childcare car park incident.
Germ.

Latest posts