What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne "No Try"

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
This whole saga is just a case study in the hopeless position NRL refs are in. They are never going to placate us imbeciles. Dumbest fanbase in the world.
I came into say something along these lines (maybe not as blatantly) but yeah, I agree with the sentiment. That was literally a no-win position for Atkins.

soc123_au

Staff member
Yeah, it was. Again, weird fans - it was an intense first 40 minutes, the pace was insane...but I dunno, it wasn't 28-20 so it's not entertaining? Because it was. To me, I guess.
Some people see what they want to see or whinge for the sake of it. I get that it didn't have a "Sattler Tackle" or a "Benji Flick" moment, it was just a good old slugfest. It probably wont feature in too many highlight reels in years to come, Turuvas try was pretty to watch though.

soc123_au

Staff member
1st half 9.5/10

2nd half 2/10

6/10 overall. 2021 probably the best whistle to whistle contest of the 4.

2023 obviously had the most drama.
I'd go higher than 2 on the 2nd half, but I agree it wasn't as good a contest as the 1st. The score was still close, but at no point in the 2nd half did I feel worried.

Latest posts