What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne promotion

Alan Shore

First Grade
Having SOO in Melbourne is great for developing interest in the game, but what effort have they put in to milking it for all its worth? Where are the fan days to meet the players etc - I remember one being advertised a few years ago, but seen nothing this time. I expect better from the ARL Commission frankly.

Dragon2010

First Grade
NSW Blues had a fan/signing day at Harvey Norman in Melb the other day.

QLD Maroons has a open training day/signing in some suburb the other day.

They do a bit.

Canard

Immortal
Both Teams had fan days at Harvey Norman Springfield on Friday, it was quite well advertised on local radio

That hype will build this week, a lot of people at my office in the City are certainly aware that its on (if a little interested).

Tigger Madness

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ensland-and---new-zealand-20120521-1z0b4.html

It's rugby league's showpiece, and high-ranked Victorians have made no secret that they want more of it. Yet how much do they know about State of Origin?

Well, if you rely on the Victorian Minister for Sport and Recreation, Hugh Delahunty, possibly not much - unless, of course, you're talking about "State of the Origin".

Delahunty was guest at this morning's media conference before Wednesday night's game one at Etihad Stadium, and managed a few unfortunate mistakes during his speech.

First, he referred to NSW captain Paul Gallen, who was in attendance along with Blues coach Ricky Stuart and his Queensland counterpart Mal Meninga and second-rower Sam Thaiday, as "Paul Callen".

And then this. "All rugby league supporters here today, it's fantastic as Minister of Sport to welcome here to this very special game, the first game of the Queensland versus New Zealand ... New Zealand, that's a good start ... Queensland versus New South Wales in the State of the Origin match."

Delahunty, though, maintained his government was passionate about the contest.

"Like we do in other sports, we want to bring the best of the best here to Victoria," he said. "I know there's a lot of passion up there in NSW and Queensland. But we are very passionate about the fact that we want to support these superstar athletes, the game here. We know it's a big clash, it's state against state, and mate against mate, and we want to see it here on Etihad Stadium."

Jesus...

Doug2234

First Grade
It's a joke Victoria get a State of Origin game. Even if it is sold out still a f**king joke.

QLD vs NSW should always be played in QLD or NSW; End of story.

Mr Saab

Referee
Melb dont deserve shyte after that effort. Shocking effort if he has not done his research or even his minions.
Pathetic.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Had lunch with a Victorian associate today. Said the build-up had been considerably less in local media than in past years. Know there's a few Melbourne-ites on these boards so maybe they can confirm or deny?

some11

Referee
Ch 10 just ran a story rubbishing the idea of Origin in Melbourne saying no one cares, yet they want to pay for a match their every year.

Get f**ked.

I don't mind the same format that we have currently. Both sides take it in turns to surrender a home game to Melbourne, once in every three years.

Wednesday night Origin, not Monday.

It ain't broke. Don't f*cking fix it.

Latest posts