What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne's biggest rivals.

Which club will have the biggest rivalry with the Melbourne Storm?

• Gold Coast - over the Turner and Smith non-signings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney - because dumb Melbourne people are jealous of the Harbour city

• Newcastle - because Inglis was a Knights junior

• Cronulla - because they couldn't get White or Kearns in a rep jumper

• Wests - the McCraken spear tackle, the Williams king hit, the Slater head kicking

• North Queensland - because the eather is always 30deg cooler in Melbourne

• Canterbury - because Melbourne go away with their cheating for longer

• Total voters

The Tank

Bench
I'm not sure if it's reciprocated from the Storm fans but there seems to be a lot of hate from Dragons supporters towards them. I have no idea why though. Someone mentioned 99 but surely losing a GF isn't a reason to hate another team (especially considering it was a decade back).

God-King Dean

Immortal
2008 brawl Between Dragons/Storm added a lot to it. Ryles being sent off for kicking when a Storm prop did it initially. Then Slater laying into Nighhtingale when he was being held by half a dozen Storm players. Slater goes to the judicary & lies that Nightingale headbutted him.

Purple is the new yellow.....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm not sure if it's reciprocated from the Storm fans but there seems to be a lot of hate from Dragons supporters towards them. I have no idea why though. Someone mentioned 99 but surely losing a GF isn't a reason to hate another team (especially considering it was a decade back).

Losing from a last minute penalty try? Absolutely scandalous finish. I think it was a fair decision though plenty of people don't.

DeeJ

Bench
I think with the Brisbane rivalry, the fact that the Broncos passed up on Smith and Slater when they were trying for a contract must play into it.

The Tank

Bench
2008 brawl Between Dragons/Storm added a lot to it. Ryles being sent off for kicking when a Storm prop did it initially. Then Slater laying into Nighhtingale when he was being held by half a dozen Storm players. Slater goes to the judicary & lies that Nightingale headbutted him.

Interesting, thanks mate... do you think Melbourne fans feel the same way? (i.e. you hate us so we hate you)

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I think with the Brisbane rivalry, the fact that the Broncos passed up on Smith and Slater when they were trying for a contract must play into it.

+ We beat them in the 2006 GF when they thought they could just walk it in.
+ They've knocked us out of the last few finals series with what turns out to have been an illegally assembled squad.

Goddo

Bench

Throw 2000 in too. Both sides thumped each other. 70-10 and 56-0. Can't remember scores exactly but it was nasty.

I hate the storm as a rival on field, but fully recognise the importance to the NRL they are, but some dragons fans hate them so much they would probably get more joy from the Storm going under than a Premiership win. Thats how much hate there is out there in Dragonland.

Loudstrat

Coach
You truly are an optimist!

By the way, what year do you reckon the Storm will be able to stand on its own two feet financially? ie. when could News actually sell it to an organisation that would make money from the storm in its own right. The Storm has worth to news only on the basis of it being interlinked to their media empire. I hadn't realised you were such a strong advocate of New's endless involvement in rugby league.
Good question. They should aim for 2011. Hopefully they will get more crowds now, and sell more merchandise. Their jumper - so they reckoned - was the most valuable in the comp.

Honestly -how long is a piece of string? Realistically, as I said they should aium for 2011 - given that the link to News Ltd is a big part in their downfall. I'd say they could achieve it by 2013.

another pathetic and pointless thread
You spend you life going to pathetic and pointless threads telling everyone they are pathetic and pointless. You are the LU king of pathetic and pointless.

When was Inglis a Knights junior?
In that he attended Hunter Sports High.

TheRam

Coach
It's pretty obvious after last week the the true answer to this question is the NRL.