What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Member Information Evening - May 16

saintmar

Juniors
One mistake they admitted to was interfering when Mary was Coach by putting in a selection committee over him.
They won’t do that again, the lesson being let the coach coach.
They had no choice
He would just cut and paste rubbish every week
Juniors were never given a go
Favourites who were useless were picked every week
There was no accountability (players and coach)
Then we signed Mark II

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I don't follow the NRLW I have mate however who is well into it and he said we had 6 rep players and lost all 6 in one year that to me sums up our club right there. It's not just the NRL team the stench is lingering all over the place.
The unfortunate loss of those players is true, but to blame it on the "stench" is reaching a bit far. The main reason these stars moved on is that there are a couple of new teams starting up in 2023 and 2 more teams in 2024. The new teams have a bit of cash to splash on buying marquee players. The dragons have picked up a few good players as well to help replace the departing stars.

RedVDave

First Grade
The unfortunate loss of those players is true, but to blame it on the "stench" is reaching a bit far. The main reason these stars moved on is that there are a couple of new teams starting up in 2023 and 2 more teams in 2024. The new teams have a bit of cash to splash on buying marquee players. The dragons have picked up a few good players as well to help replace the departing stars.
I have to disagree I can understand losing 3-4 of those rep players to other clubs but all 6 to me that indicates something is seriously wrong with our joint. I mean we couldn't even retain 1!?

Dragon David

First Grade
I have to disagree I can understand losing 3-4 of those rep players to other clubs but all 6 to me that indicates something is seriously wrong with our joint. I mean we couldn't even retain 1!?
Not even Kezie Apps who has gone to the Wests Tigers. She was the face of the Dragons women's team.

SnowDragon

Juniors
I was on zoom.

I wrote some questions, but not answered. I don’t think it was intentional, as they continually covered the questions from the room.

I think they seem to be getting things under control in some departments (like finance), and maybe should have acknowledged the lack elsewhere (players pages is a great example used).

Andrew Lancaster said that WIN are fans, and support with no other motive (though it could be argued, to the most part I accept this and thought he represented very well).

I think they should be given credit for this event, after the one last year. They are not hiding from our passion, and I for one will give them time now. Let’s hope they get the coaching right, and the support for it. Then maybe we will make our own luck :)

BLM01

First Grade
I was on zoom.

I wrote some questions, but not answered. I don’t think it was intentional, as they continually covered the questions from the room.

I think they seem to be getting things under control in some departments (like finance), and maybe should have acknowledged the lack elsewhere (players pages is a great example used).

Andrew Lancaster said that WIN are fans, and support with no other motive (though it could be argued, to the most part I accept this and thought he represented very well).

I think they should be given credit for this event, after the one last year. They are not hiding from our passion, and I for one will give them time now. Let’s hope they get the coaching right, and the support for it. Then maybe we will make our own luck :)
I cannot believe only 50 members turned up in person incl sponsors which shows how low we have sunken to. Majority dont have faith or give a damn anymore

RedVee_8

Juniors
I cannot believe only 50 members turned up in person incl sponsors which shows how low we have sunken to. Majority dont have faith or give a damn anymore
But 700 on Zoom.

It was telling that quite a few mentioned that their kids no longer want to support the Dragons. My kids are amongst that but more that they don’t follow footy at all. Exception is my eldest, but she is married to a Roosters fan.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I can…they have been shithouse for years and they don’t seem to care about turning things around based on their mediocre signings over the years. The only ambition they seem to have is to have a team playing (not actually competing) in first grade. As long as they don’t finish last, it’s a pass mark. (Which is probably why hook needed to go) everything about the way the club is run mediocre and they don’t seem to care about their fans….but that’s just my opinion…I’m generally a positive person…except when it comes to the dragons these days.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
But 700 on Zoom.

It was telling that quite a few mentioned that their kids no longer want to support the Dragons. My kids are amongst that but more that they don’t follow footy at all. Exception is my eldest, but she is married to a Roosters fan.
Kids want to follow a team that actually competes so they can walk around wearing their jerseys proudly.

BLM01

First Grade
But 700 on Zoom.

750 out if his many members and leagues club members
It us a poor showing as says more that is likely meant a typical PR exercise by the club as viewed by the fans
The club has lost faith in its fan base simple

Rod Coil

Juniors
750 out if his many members and leagues club members
It us a poor showing as says more that is likely meant a typical PR exercise by the club as viewed by the fans
The club has lost faith in its fan base simple
Not to mention zero engagement with the St.George District community.

This was mentioned at last years forum - they had no idea what was being said.

12 months on & still no idea!

denis preston

First Grade
I can…they have been shithouse for years and they don’t seem to care about turning things around based on their mediocre signings over the years. The only ambition they seem to have is to have a team playing (not actually competing) in first grade. As long as they don’t finish last, it’s a pass mark. (Which is probably why hook needed to go) everything about the way the club is run mediocre and they don’t seem to care about their fans….but that’s just my opinion…I’m generally a positive person…except when it comes to the dragons these days.
Ha Ha , understand R&W. We or more importantly the club appears to be committed in structural changes to the way the football club is run, let’s hope so anyway. I live on hope, that’s my religion !