What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Membership renewals - I hate Thorman Club

WA Eel

Juniors
I'd like to renew my membership to the I Hate Thorman Club for as long as he's wearling the blue and gold. He has to be the most dead set selfish hero I've ever seen.

1) Melbourne's second try - yes, it was McKinnon that dropped the ball, but he would never have been in that position if Thorman hadn't tried a chip kick to himself after they've just rucked it off their own line.\

2) Melbourne's last try - once again, yes, he didn't miss the tackle, but I was thinking "kick for touch, kick for touch" on that last set of six. What does he do, he tries to be the hero by going for a field goal from half way. Had he put it into touch, we go into extra time and get to interchange Hopkins who was cramping badly etc.

More genarally, he love putting his runner under pressure by throwing passes that aren't quite hospital passes, but are getting there.

Chris Thorman, you are the weakest link - Goodbye.

Eels Dude

Coach
I think the last minute field goal option was worth a shot. A poor kick on the third tackle with a few minutes remaining was a silly decision though. He's not an NRL standard halfback.

CrazyEel

Bench
I must have watched the wrong game then :shock:
I thought he did a pretty good job of steering them around the park tonight. Only trouble i had was him kicking on the 2nd tackle but Hopkins did that as well 3 mins later.

Phillips

Referee
Thorman played well in patches...he is still adjusting to the NRL style of play, i really hope he plays the remainding games....but he did cost us the game today #-o

R Friday

Juniors
"but he did cost us the game today"

thats bull he was one of the better players out there. plays hard for the 80. just with a bit of luck things could have been different, players holding on to the ball close to the line etc. cant blame him for trying the field goal its not his fault the tackle was missed. there was only twenty seconds left worth a try

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I can't believe what i just heard, i've just watched the game & Thorman was one of our best players, all these hypotheticals are just insane???

The reason why we loss was because the other side had Matt Orford and we didn't, simple as that!!

CrazyEel

Bench
It was Hindy and I think Mateo who missed the tackle which cost the game. Or maybe it was Wade for dropping the ball. But it could have been Grahame for letting King in. :roll:

I also reckon the FG was definately worth a go

How can you single out Thorman?

WA Eel

Juniors
Oh, I forgot to add: Melbourne's first try - Thorman goes rushing up out of the line and missed, resulting in Orford's try.

Unreal V

Juniors
What do you expect when you get to play one game out of three and then most probably told this is your make or break game. He was left literally holding the ball when morris went from the field and we had no attacking options. He would have been better comming off the bench to shake things up which he is more than capable of doing.

I hope we keep him next year; he;d still make a good 5/8.

As for the Field Goal attempt with the wind behind him I reckon he thought at the very least it would go dead in goal; slatter was just too classy to catch in on the run.

Misty Bee

First Grade
You also forgot...

Morris' injury: Thorman kicked him behind play.

Hindy's dropped ball: Thorman shouted 'boo' just as he caught it.

Cayless' injury: Thorman inserted pins in his Nathan Cayless voodood doll!!!

Wanna know a reason why Thorman was not Sterlo tonight? 2 reasons: 1 - he has differnt DNA, and 2, Brian Smith has been toying with the poor kid ever since he came here. He has NEVER had a comfortable go in firsts - his forst to games involved Dykes and Morris being benched for him - in fact he debuted at hooker!

The kid went alright. Yeah, kicking game left a bit to be desired. But you morons are also probably on the 'kill Dykes' bandwagon, so what does that tell ya!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Oh yeah, the FG. You get the ball 40m out, 60 sec on the clock, on the last tackle. What's the option? FG attempt? Or your kick for touch, scrum with Storm feed, and give the likes of Orford, Hill and Slater another go? Which is what happened virtually anyway?

To think like that, you must have been giving Parra advice the LAST time we got a golden point game, and kicked off?????

Boneheads!!!!!

Parraren

Bench
I thought Thorman went OK. Still had some brain explosions but generally looked threatening and his kicking game was quite good. When he took the line on in the second half he actually started to look very good. I'm willing to give him another shot next week and see if he improves. Back to back games will do him some good I think. Unless we sign another half we're going to need a back-up/alternative to Michael Witt and perhaps Thorman is the man?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Thorman has got the potential, i've said it all along and will continue to do so, he just needs some consistent game time!!!!!!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Thorman has got the potential, i've said it all along and will continue to do so, he just needs some consistent game time!!!!!!

Freak

Juniors
WA Eel said:
Oh, I forgot to add: Melbourne's first try - Thorman goes rushing up out of the line and missed, resulting in Orford's try.

Had the Sterling white pen all over it!! :roll:

To be perfectly fair I thought he played OK tonight but unfortunately Thorman came away from the game with his record in tack!
0 from 6 in the blue and gold first grade!

Im with Smithy but the officials decided this one not our pommy halfback!! :evil:

Latest posts