What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memberships 2012

Mickyd39

Juniors
Hey Mick

Tha was discussed, only problem is from Oct till Feb, not a lot of money comes in to help the club get some regular income cause there are no games.

So by having members pay full or their first payment is by December from memory, we are able to bank some cash and pay the players and staff their wages during the off season.

I'll guess we will have to see.

They may charge u a admin fee for if u wanted to pay by the month.

That makes sense.

Thank you

eels81236

Bench
Hey Mick

Tha was discussed, only problem is from Oct till Feb, not a lot of money comes in to help the club get some regular income cause there are no games.

So by having members pay full or their first payment is by December from memory, we are able to bank some cash and pay the players and staff their wages during the off season.

I'll guess we will have to see.

They may charge u a admin fee for if u wanted to pay by the month.

Cash flow issues?

Jodeci

Bench
Cash flow issues?

Not really

The business is really active from our first home game till our last.

Outside those periods would be our off peak where not a lot of money comes in and it's usually our sponsorship money that gets us through until renewals.

Not many clubs have to pay by the month memberhips.

Hasman was spot on with regards to printing cause Tonga, Sandow and co are still contracted to other clubs hence the printing issue but i believe the club will ask for permission to have these guys suited in our colours so it's just a matter of time before we are given the membership booklet

Gronk

Staff member
Clubs shouldn't have cash flow problems when it comes to player salaries because the NRL pays them their entire salary cap. Then sponsors top up the 3rd party deals.

So really it's just support staff and lower grade salaries, rent etc that need to be paid.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

born an eel

Bench
You know what would be cool? Epaulettes. With different markings on them to mark how long we've been a member. Kind of like an actual army.
can you give me a reminder, do we only have to salute members who have been members longer than us or members who are a the same level.

How to we get the "privates" to line up in the bar queue for us? (actualy probably wont bother next year with them only selling XXXXgold.

Jodeci

Bench
Clubs shouldn't have cash flow problems when it comes to player salaries because the NRL pays them their entire salary cap. Then sponsors top up the 3rd party deals.

So really it's just support staff and lower grade salaries, rent etc that need to be paid.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Pretty much spot on

Eels Dude

Coach
Mate if we are that badly off the club has gone backwards in the last few years and not forward like the annual reports state.

Having said that the normal payment plan is half on renewal half in January.

That's a bit of a worry really. I hope we're not spending too much cash on support staff and termination payouts. You've really got to run at a budget you can afford otherwise that's how clubs go broke and fold.

eels81236

Bench
That's a bit of a worry really. I hope we're not spending too much cash on support staff and termination payouts. You've really got to run at a budget you can afford otherwise that's how clubs go broke and fold.

I don't think you are understanding of the wording "cash flow".

born an eel

Bench
I understand cash flow but I'd like to think we have enough in the kitty that we're not reliant on membership money coming in right on December etc.
At least we are not reliant on pokie money anymore, better hope the bad season hasn't affected membership numbers

Well interestingly, looking at the Leagues Club annual report, we have money in the Bank, $5 million as of the last annual report and when we consider the football office is still under the pay structures of the leagues club, then it isn't just football staff wages we would have to worry about it would be leagues club wages.

Does the Football operations generate cash flow over this time, no, but when you consider we still take a grant from the LC, you can see in the bigger picture that cash flow is not a concern for the football office at this time. Not until it is a stand alone entity that relies completely on its members and sponsor for money would a cash flow reason be valid.

Having said that, there are clubs in Australia that actively promote a pay by the month system on a rotating basis. For example my AFL club Hawthorn offers members the chance to sign up and pay part payments monthly for the entire year and when renewal comes along you do nothing and your membership is still taken out every year and you get shipped a new card.

But hey that is only a small club, they only have to deal with 50,000 members at Hawthorn.

Suitman

Post Whore
:lol: Damn straight, it's an embarrassment to this great country. [/QUOTE]

It is actually.
Funny thing is, the Victorians take it so seriously and actualy think the world revolves around it.

Not only is AFL an embarressment to this country, Victoria is as well.
I'd rather be a Kiwi than a Victorian.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
Nothin wrong with Aussie rules ... U r just being like a Victorian if u aren't open to all sorts of footy

Latest posts