What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memorabilia Museum of LU

Godz Illa

Coach
As suggested by TDK14U in his thread featuring the 1929 Saints jersey, here is a thread for sharing and showing off any Dragons memorabilia you possess.

I've got a few, but to start it off, here is one I finally had framed and picked up today. It's the jersey Matt Cooper wore in the 2011 WCC

IMG-20121005-00801s.jpg

Sydney-20121005-00805s.jpg

Benny

First Grade
Where did you purchase the photos from?

I want to have Hornby's Jersey with two scarves I picked up at game (half/half) and my match ticket...might even go Perspex as well to see either side of jersey.

On my to do list when get back home

I actually know the man the "board" has commissioned to write the history of the dragons in particular in the time before the war. Spoke to him at length about it and it sounds extraordinary especially with what they are doing with the museum as well.

Stagger Lee

Bench
I actually know the man the "board" has commissioned to write the history of the dragons in particular in the time before the war. Spoke to him at length about it and it sounds extraordinary especially with what they are doing with the museum as well.

Did not know that the board had commissioned anyone, please tell more.

And I hope that the 'war' is covered in great detail. I don't want to take this thread off topic so maybe we can make a new thread? :cool:

Hi all.

A friend of mine has been commissioned by the museum to research dragon players that played during the wars etc. He has some awesome stories already about one player who was captain for half the season, got signed up for the war, was stationed in Victoria and caught the overnighter to play the GF and then caught it back that night to Vic.

Should be one of the real highlights of the museum.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hi all.

A friend of mine has been commissioned by the museum to research dragon players that played during the wars etc. He has some awesome stories already about one player who was captain for half the season, got signed up for the war, was stationed in Victoria and caught the overnighter to play the GF and then caught it back that night to Vic.

Should be one of the real highlights of the museum.
Sounds like you're referring to Gordon Hart.

I put post to articles about him a few years ago.

Link: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=1304185
and: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=6243569

Gordon Hart passed away in 2009.
Hurstville junior. Played 42 first grade games for St George between 1938-1941. Served as an army officer in World War Two, promoted from Lieutenant to Captain whilst receiving commendations.

I don't know about him being the team captain though, I thought he played mostly on the wing.

His story is about travelling 1,400 kilometres by train, truck and on foot from Wilsons Promotory to the SCG to play in 1941 the grand final. It's the stuff of legend. He had to return to base immediately after the grand final, making the same long journey in reverse. The longest he spent on one place was on the SCG turf for 80 minutes.

FTR, Saints thrashed Easts 31-8 that day and Gordon scored a try - it was our maiden premiership and Gordon Hart's last game for St George.

Hutty1986

Immortal
That's an absolute beauty godz!! I've got a great framed piece, will take & chuck up a photo soon & a signed Gaz frame that took me many weeks to pay off via layby during my broke uni days

I've got a few nice pieces but none of them are framed:

- Signed Gaz boot
- Signed NSW jersey signed by Gaz, Coops, Barrett, Ryles and Bailey (2005 from memory)
- 2010 jersey signed by the entire team in early 2011 (so missing a few players who moved on) with a personal note from Brett Morris.
- A sticker from ~1960 on a wood cupboard door i found while renovating my place (along with some original SMH articles on Raper missing a Kangaroos game against England due to an injury)

Benny

First Grade
My Memorabilia:

StGeorge Legends Jersey

Description: Framed and signed jersey signed by StGeorge legends.

Produced By: Blazed in Glory

Limited Edition: 500

StGeorge 1977 Premiers Jersey

Description: Framed and signed jersey (1100mm x 900mm) signed by every player of the historic StGeorge side which drew the GF and won the replay against Parramatta

StGeorge 1979 Premiers Jersey

Description: Same as 77 but signed by every player from StGeorge's last ever Grand Final winning side

11 in a Row Print

Description: Framed and signed (780mm x 580mm) from 1956 to 1966 StGeorge won a record 11 straight premierships. This montage of the great StGeorge players is signed by the three captains during this era, Ken Kearney, Norm Proven and Ian Walsh

Limited Edition: 1000

Mark Coyne Testimonial Print

Description: Framed and signed photo with statistics to celebrate Mark Coyne’s testimonial year.

Saints Immortals Jersey

Description: Jersey signed by Saints Immortals Raper, Langlands and Gasnier.

Produced By: Immortals Memorabilia

Limited Edition: Only limited number produced

Saints Immortals Lithograph

Description: Lithograph of StGeorge Immortals Langlands, Raper and Gasnier

Saints Immortals Caricature

Description: Caricature of Saints Immortals Raper, Gasnier and Langlands, produced by Theo and signed by all 3 players.

Limited Edition: Only limited number produced

The Magnificent Seven

Description: Picture signed by each player Johnny Raper, Reg Gasnier, Graeme Langlands, Billy Smith, Norm Proven, Johnny King and Ken Kearney

Limited Edition: Only Limited Number produced - ** Later became available as a limited edition of 100.

Johnny Raper World Cup Winning Captain

Description: Collection of photos when Johnny Raper captained Kangaroos to World Cup Triumph

Limited Edition: 100

StGeorge Football Club The Beginning 1921

Description: It is set on a white back ground with a photo of the 1921 team, an extract from the St George Call (local paper at the time) and a copy of the original balance sheet from the 1921 season.

Produced By: StGeorge DRLFC

Limited Edition: 50

Frank Burge The First Big Signing

Description: It is set on a white back ground with a photo of the Frank Burge, an extract on Frank Burge and his career and a copy of the original contract he signed.

200 Club Jersey

Description: Signed and framed Jersey of every StGeorge player to play 200 games for the club

Bath’s Babes Jersey

Description: Framed Jersey signed by Ted Goodwin, Steve Edge and Craig Young to celebrate 1977 Grand Final victory

Limited Edition: 77

Legends Walk

Description: Framed print with photos of all players in Legends Walk and signed by Johnny Raper, Graeme Langlands and Reg Gasnier

Limited Edition: 350

Norm Provan Jersey

Description: Framed Jersey signed by Norm Provan to celebrate career

Limited Edition: Few

StGeorge District Rugby League Football Club First Grade Premiers

Description: Black and white photographs of all St George Dragons Premierships Winning Teams – 1941, 1949, 1956-66, 1977 and 1979. Each photograph is set on a thin red border and has the year of the side and the player underneath. It also has the heading St George District Rugby League Football Club and 2 emblems on either side and underneath another heading reading First Grade Premiers.

Produced By: Melba Studios

Limited Edition: Endless

1979 Grand Final Print

Description: It has six action shots from the game. Both Canterbury and St George's team photos as well as details from the game. The centre piece is a shot of St George with the winning shield, cheque and Harry Bath being chaired around the ground on the lap of honour by the side.

1949 Grand Final Print

Description: Framed panoramic black and white shot of the 1949 Grand Final between arch rivals St George and South Sydney. Its shows the full shot of the SCG right from the Members Stand around to the old hill area and scoreboard. It also has match details and gate receipts

Reg Gasnier Puff the Magic Dragon Print

Description: Signed and Framed collection of pictures

Produced By: Sports Ink

Pride of the Dragons

Description: A number of jersey's in the history of the club through the colourful re-creations of Australia's premier sports artist, Brian Clinton. Signed by Norm Provan.

Produced By: Legends Genuine Memorabilia

Numbers Up Series Mark Riddell

Description: Photo of player in the number that they play.

Limited Edition: 200

Numbers Up Series Trent Barrett

Description: Photo of player in the number that they play.

Mark Gasnier Star Shot Series

Description: Photo of player.

Australian Captains Jersey

Description: Signed and framed jersey of every StGeorge player to captain Australia

Produced By: Champions Memorabilia

StGeorge Internationals Print

Description: Produced in 1996 shots and descriptions of all StGeorge's 49 Internationals

Produced By: Unknown

Dally M Winner 2000 Trent Barrett

Description: Photo, statistics and replica Dally M Medal

Limited Edition: 400

Trent Barrett Pin Series

Description: Shot of Barrett and 4 pins, 2 exclusive to this series

St.George Dynasty Print

Description: Signed by Norm Provan and celebrates 11 straight Premierships from 1956 to 1966.
Produced By: St.George DRLFC

St George The Centenary Medallion Heritage Collection

Description: A replica of the Centenary of Federation Medallion, the official 2008 team photograph and key club statistics

Limited Edition: 250

St George Dragons Replica NRL Premiership Trophy

Description: A replica of the NRL trophy signed by Norm Provan

Limited Edition: 100

+ Grand Final Products:
· 2010 Panoramic with Head Shots
· 2010 Premiership Grand Final Composite
· 2010 Premiership Team photo on Dias
· 2010 Premiership Jersey
· 2010 Premiership Team Signed Lithograph
· 2010 Premiership Captain Coach Signed Lithograph
· 2010 Premiership Medallion Print
· 2010 Premiership Collectable Ball
· 2010 Premiership Replica Trophy

+ World Club Challenge:

· Ben Hornby worn jersey (still to be framed)

My Collectables:

Every Red V Magazine Produced

Every StGeorge/StGeorge Illawarra Year Book since 1996 + 1979, 1980, 1984 and 1993.

Leagues Club Sign - Sign that used to hang outside the Leagues Club Advising of Dragons next home game

StGeorge Team Ports - 1985, 1986, 1987, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009. Plus commemorative ports to celebrate Panasonic Cup win in 1988 and Steelers Port in conjunction with entering competition in 1982.

My Wish List

250 Club - Only 50 produced in 1996 Jersey and pictures of player who played 250 First Grade Game for the Dragons.

Leather Bound and Signed Edition of Saints the Legend Lives On - Only 400 produced

Leather Bound Edition of March of the Dragons – If exists

Year Books – Any St.George yearbooks pre 1996 excluding 1979, 1980, 1984 and 1993.

Last edited:

Benny

First Grade
I also have pictures BUT unfortunately have just lost most of my files thanks to a faulty external hard drive - will try and get some photos up when get back from my next trip.

Godz Illa

Coach
That pool room would need to be big enough to hold 4 full-sized snooker tables!
Mad collection Benny. You must share a pic or two

64 Dragon

Coach
Benny, you are a legend. What a tragic!

Did you type all that? If so, even more of a legend.

Go the Dragons!

Godz Illa

Coach
Next pic... it's a 60cm x 40cm canvas print of Flo's first try in the 2010 GF, signed by the great man himself

Sydney-20121005-00813.jpg

hermidale1

Juniors
I don't have it, but I organised the entire 1999 season squad , reserves and starting players signed and framed jersey and gave it to him Fathers Day of that year. It has all the names on there, but the only one that isn't visible is Jamie Ainscough, whose signature is on it, but when the guy framed it, he folded the sleeve over it. But Mundoine, Brad Mackay, Barrett, Craig Smith, Rod Wishart, McGregor etc, are all on it. Although we didn't win, he still loves it to this day.

Latest posts