What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mental scars of 2011

IFR33K

Coach
Does anyone believe our heartbreaking losses last year are playing a part in our poor form this year??

How much of a toll did 2011 take on the players???)

bartman

Immortal
I think our losses of 2011 demand a total clean-out of the playing staff, before we can ever hope to get the mental ascendancy to properly compete again for the premiership. We need a strong coach on a three-year contract with a five-year plan to turn around our fortunes...

But seriously, yes it's bound to have an impact. Kearney can't turn it around and have the guys play for 80mins without their heads going down.

I guess that this week's performance will show us if adding Lowe as Kearney's advisor is producing any signs of hope?

natheel

Coach
I think our losses of 2011 demand a total clean-out of the playing staff, before we can ever hope to get the mental ascendancy to properly compete again for the premiership. We need a strong coach on a three-year contract with a five-year plan to turn around our fortunes...

But seriously, yes it's bound to have an impact. Kearney can't turn it around and have the guys play for 80mins without their heads going down.

I guess that this week's performance will show us if adding Lowe as Kearney's advisor is producing any signs of hope?

Has Lowe actually accepted the role?

bartman

Immortal
I bloody hope so! Something had to change, and the bye week was the perfect timing.

Eels Dude

Coach
I doubt last year would have been affecting them this year. They whole a whole entire off season to get over it and start afresh. The continuous string of losses this year would no doubt be affecting them. You hear all it takes is one win to turn it around. We had that against yet the following week played a Newcastle side that invited us to win, yet we couldn't. Our coach is supposedly a great leader according to some, why can't he lead our side out of this mess and why can't he motivate the players to perform better?

Someone

Bench
It must be so hard for them to play footy for hundreds of thousands of dollars and lose. The memories of 2011 would haunt them vigourusly as they go to training and get yelled at by the boss. I bet they cant walk out onto Parramatta stadium without shreading a tear....

please.

IFR33K

Coach
I think so. In the sense that we lack self belief and the smallest mishap sets us back so easily.

Tend to agree.

After so many heart breaking losses in 2011, I think our confidence is shot to bits.

Only a run of wins will rectify the players belief IMHO.

Eels Dude

Coach
Tend to agree.

After so many heart breaking losses in 2011, I think our confidence is shot to bits.

Only a run of wins will rectify the players belief IMHO.

Guess we can start blaming next year on this year then... Sorry can't buy that one. And I tend to agree with you most of the time.

Parra Pride

Coach
According to that run, 2013 should be a competitive year?

According to that run we're going to choke out in the Grand Final qualifier, instead of coming agonizingly close to winning the Grand Final, but having the clock beat us.

#MoreMentalScarsComingUp

barney gumble

Juniors
Does anyone believe our heartbreaking losses last year are playing a part in our poor form this year??

How much of a toll did 2011 take on the players???)

This'll do me.

Out of all the excuses as to why we are coming stone motherless last, this one takes the cake.

IFR33K

Coach
This'll do me.

Out of all the excuses as to why we are coming stone motherless last, this one takes the cake.

Wtf you talking about. I'm the last person looking for excuses for our rabble of a team.

Did you not see these ??? In my post. Was merely asking a f**king question to see if any one did believe last years results may have effected the team.

Calm the f**k down.

barney gumble

Juniors
Wtf you talking about. I'm the last person looking for excuses for our rabble of a team.

Did you not see these ??? In my post. Was merely asking a f**king question to see if any one did believe last years results may have effected the team.

Calm the f**k down.

Sorry princess. I appear to have upset you.

BUT IT WAS A STUPID QUESTION!!!