What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merrin

Godz Illa

Coach
No I dont see him playing 80, but certainly longer stints than he has played so far.

I like the role shift btw, as fans of my work will be aware.

tumbidragon

First Grade
I personally like the idea. No harm in giving it a go over the trials and the first few rounds.

redbreed

Juniors
Don't think at this stage he would be effective for 80 minutes I prefer him in the frontrow that's where we are light on talent

Cagey Mac

Bench
He is our most dynamic forward the more minutes the better.

Fewer minutes means more dynamism.
Expect to see more props playing less time in 2013.
A few minutes of careful thought will tell you why
and IMO Merrin is a Prop first and last

Breathingfire

Juniors
It's just going to be a number on his back. He will play up the middle. He can be the next Gallen if he wants to be.

Agree, a 4-prop rotation of Weyman, Hunt, Merrin and Debelin stacks up against or exceeds what most other clubs have available. And we have plenty of other options in the back row.

to_ddeath

Coach
60 minutes, and at lock should not be a problem. Playing up the middle anyway. Just as long as Henderson & Prior aren't named as starting front-rowers......oh shit that's already happened :lol:

T.

Minh

First Grade
Fewer minutes means more dynamism.
Expect to see more props playing less time in 2013.
A few minutes of careful thought will tell you why
and IMO Merrin is a Prop first and last

True, but if he has a big enough engine and it doesn't take away from his quality on the field it can be a plus. Agree it's a tough ask.

tumbidragon

First Grade
True, but if he has a big enough engine and it doesn't take away from his quality on the field it can be a plus. Agree it's a tough ask.
That's why I am a yes. But as stated, 80mins is big ask for a big bloke like Mez. If he can't go 80 without taking away from the quality of his game, well then he will still be part of a great bench rotation. It's a win win. I believe he should still recieve more mins than what he got last year regardless. I think he could play 65mins no problem.