What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merritt

boo_boo

Juniors
Merritt has always had that quality to make a difference but how good are our 3/4's going.
Another fantastic result.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Merritt has always had that quality to make a difference but how good are our 3/4's going.
Another fantastic result.

And how much better than Talanoa has McQueen been. He has a rather unfashionable style for a winger I guess but makes less mistakes than Fetuli and runs the ball back hard. And how about Inglis streaking away down field. No one looked like catching him and he eased off in the end. Where are all the inglis is to fat posters now?

Jimmy Smooth

Juniors
I honestly am confused to why he hasnt played fullback for the majority, he is tailor made for that position, i have said it for years. Most times he goes there he has a blinder....where to put Roberts though?

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I honestly am confused to why he hasnt played fullback for the majority, he is tailor made for that position, i have said it for years. Most times he goes there he has a blinder....where to put Roberts though?

good question. some have said 5/8... others wing. But it's very possible he may just have to wait his turn for fullback. You simply can't move merrit. He should have been our fullback for the last 4 years in my opinion

BunniesMan

Immortal
James Roberts can play wing. He's got the speed, anything else he needs will be drilled into him by Maguire. I'm glad that Merritt has stepped up as a great fullback. This way for the next 2-3 years he can do a great job for us there while Roberts can serve his apprenticeship out wide. When Merritt hits around 31-32 Roberts can then take over with the expierience of 50+ games under his belt.

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
Roberts wont play first grade next year, Farrell and McQueen on the wings :) Both McQueen and Farrell deserve it more then Roberts, hes still young, still got 2 season's he can play, why rush him in, let him develop.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
What about these fugwits on the the main forum who bag Merrritt!:lol::lol::lol:

Jealousy! Either that or they're peeved cause they are one of 1) Eels or 2) Raiders supporters who he put massive points on. The Dragons fans just have sour grapes everywhere at the moment. Losing their best fullback Boyd and then Bennett.. Heck just losing in general :lol:

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Corrigan is winning me over too.

1. Merritt
2. Farrell
3. Corrigan
4. King
5. McQueen

Looks fine to me (assuming Inglis will play five-eight).

In a year or two, King will move on, Farrell can go back to the centres and Roberts can come onto the wing. In the meantime, he'd pick up games through injury to grow his experience.

That's the way I'd go about it, anyway. It's all up to Maguire.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Jealousy! Either that or they're peeved cause they are one of 1) Eels or 2) Raiders supporters who he put massive points on. The Dragons fans just have sour grapes everywhere at the moment. Losing their best fullback Boyd and then Bennett.. Heck just losing in general :lol:

Losing for 4 games certainly beats losing for 4 decades...

On Merritt, he's a very good player, but probably too old for the selectors to start paying any attention to him now. Like Nathan Blacklock, has been unfairly overlooked due to a perceived defensive deficiency.

Zigwaa

Bench
What about these fugwits on the the main forum who bag Merrritt!:lol::lol::lol:

Mate, don't listen to them. Don't even read their posts, they're utter crap and a waste of time.

Great player. Hopefully can taste finals footy this year after missing our last finals appearance due to injury.