What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merry Xmas!

*Sandy*

First Grade
15 more days to go... and how busy am I! Unbelievable and it's all to do with the kids. Pre-school xmas partys, pre-school graduation, School Concerts, Class parties, talent quests, Scouts Xmas parties, Nipper Xmas parties, my Mum's Bowling Club Xmas party for the kids...i could keep going but you all get the drift!!! :lol:

Anyway it's the month to be jolly & sharing, there's nothing like it is there to put a smile on your face to see everyone getting in the spirit. Well i love it!

So i'm getting in early, yes i know, but Merry Xmas all!

Fibro Man be sure to say a Merry Xmas to MGR for me. Hope he is travelling OK, havent heard from him in a while. If you happen to see Trapper let him know also that i am still surviving `Yes Sir'. ;-) I often talk to Elanor and Critty so i hope to catch up with you all next season for a drink or two maybe over at the paceway sometime, otherwise i will look for you on the hill.

Fibroman

First Grade
Bah humbug! I hate Chrsitmas, but I hope all the Panther supporters have a safe one anyway.

mightypanther

Juniors
Oh my gawd............15 days ???? Bugger. I didn't realise it was THAT close... :shock:

I guess I had better start writing the Xmas cards and wrapping the pressies then... :?

No.........I haven't started yet........I know........ shame on me... :oops: :roll:

Boy are the next couple of days going to be busy.......PHEW... ;-) :lol:

mightypanther

Juniors

MERRY XMAS EVERYBODY

AND A VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR

Eat......drink......and by all means be VERY MERRY,

but please remember to take GREAT CARE on the roads
during the holidays.

So we call all return for another bumper new footy season,
fighting fit and raring to go.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Aww Fibro how can you say that when you have to gorgeous kids!

Talking about great care on the roads, previously i have tried to avoid the F3 and Pennant Hills Road on Xmas day, this year i've got no choice but to venture on down it, hope it's an easy run. :(

Oh and it's 14 days now... :D

Caged Panther

First Grade
fibro man said:
Bah humbug! I hate Chrsitmas, but I hope all the Panther supporters have a safe one anyway.

I used to enjoy christmas but then I started working in retail. Have you ever worked in retail during christmas? It's supposed to be the festive season but you soon learn there very little that is festive about it.

*Sandy*

First Grade
With you saying that Caged Panther, i can now see why Fibro doesnt like Xmas taking into consideration his past employment especially when i just referred to my dislike on driving long distances on that very day.

And no i havent worked in retail during this time but i certainly have been a shopper and seen very frustrated employees at times and i have certainly felt for them.

roofromoz

First Grade
Working in a supermarket in the week leading up to Christmas, especially on Christmas Eve, can be quite stressful, with nearly everyone in my suburb seemingly coming in to get "a few last minute things" (usually at the same time), and requesting things that we have either sold out of or don't stock, seeing we are only a small supermarket... but if you remain patient with the customers, most of the time they seem to understand.

To all Panthers supporters, have a very merry christmas and a very safe new year... I would like to see you all back here in 2004, as the mighty Panthers shows that 2003 was no fluke at all.

:D

lainey

Juniors
Caged Panther said:
fibro man said:

I used to enjoy christmas but then I started working in retail. Have you ever worked in retail during christmas? It's supposed to be the festive season but you soon learn there very little that is festive about it.

I know how you feel as well. I used to be a Grocery Rep for a snack food company. We would get a days notice to go and put up displays of chips and had to fight the crowds to get stock to the front of the store and then fight with display bins to get the display up. I also worked for Hallmark cards and did 2 Christmas' with them. I had to go into K Mart at Penrith on Christmas Eve and fill the Christmas card display, I was lucky to get out alive!

Anyway, on that happy note,

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! :D

Fibroman

First Grade
One past Christmas I got stuck working, and the first job I went to, I had to duck punches being swung at me by some drunken idiot whilst at the same time, his feral cattledog was ripping into my ankle, chewing chunks of flesh off it. No time to go and get a tetnus injection or stitches, onto the next job. Ah....memories...misty meloncholy memories....'nt.

kaza_79

Juniors
Hey guys,

just wanted to say Merry Xmas.

I have my work xmas party tonight in Darling Harbour. I'll have a drink for you all.

Latest posts