What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Message from the new CEO

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Give him a go, the poor bloke has only just stepped into the role at a time which is totally unprecedented in the game.
One thing that stood out for me was his mention of “New Thinking”
The old boys corridor and pigs trough certainly need a major shift.

he can talk the talk...can he walk the walk?

sorry...around 5 years ago I was a pretty optimistic supporter. These days, I always expect dogshit from this club.

Gareth67

First Grade
Paragraphs 4- 9 & 10 gives me the impression that this man does understand the problems that he has inherited and perhaps just as importantly has listened to the supporters comments “ on the social media “ . His goal is the pursuit of change however at what pace this change will come about and IF the board will allow him to do so is another matter .

But as Coffs Dragon has already said - we must give him the opportunity to do so and not paint him with the same brush as his predecessors.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
What are you all worried about Its clear as day Mary has gone interpreting these. This is how I read it

Clearly there have been hurdles put in our way that are out of our control, but rest assured that we will do everything we can to ensure that our members feel valued and we will communicate with you as quickly and openly as we can as the path ahead becomes clearer. (i.e. Mary's contract)

Openness for new thinking and growth. (i.e. Mary's removal)

But in saying that, although we can always learn from the achievements of the past, this must be supplemented by new thinking, hard work, clear goals and a genuine willingness to challenge how we do things and an acceptance for change and growth. (i.e. Our past is not our future. Famous Maryism Time for a coach change)

Our club is working through financial challenges just like many businesses across the world. This has led to financially driven cutbacks in some areas of the business and it will no doubt require further tough decisions to be made in the coming months. This is very difficult as there are people’s lives at the core of many of these decisions, but I have no doubt that we will come out of this period with a strong and agile club, ready to succeed. (i.e. Mary has a salary for this and next year, he is 1st to go, just working out how and when so we can move forward again)

I like you Ryan. Just after reading paragraph 4...I thought it was a rehash of Doust's speech about embracing the history again.. probably had to say that as a prerequisite of getting the job

I actually like the letter.
It’s communication from the CEO, something we are all crying out for.
Yes there is some of the usual quotes etc in there but what were we all expecting him to write.
I’m sure he understands the pressure to remove McGregor but he isn’t going to write it in a letter to the fans whether he thinks it or not.
Give him time to settle in and get shit happening.
If McGregor is still head Coach in October let’s all dump on the CEO then.
His challenge now is to continue with fan comms every few weeks and endeavour to be as transparent as possible without upsetting plans behind the scenes.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I wonder if he realises that if he just gets rid of the failing coach he can then put his feet up for a decade and do nothing else as far as we are concerned.

to be the most successful and popular CEO of the past 20 years, all he has to do is one thing...get rid of Mary..that is all. I hope he reads this forum and realises the passionate supporters he talks about have had enough of the shit they’ve been fed

TruSaint

Referee
to be the most successful and popular CEO of the past 20 years, all he has to do is one thing...get rid of Mary..that is all. I hope he reads this forum and realises the passionate supporters he talks about have had enough of the shit they’ve been fed

Removing Mary would make all of us happy mate.

I don't think though that decision is his to make. As CEO, he may have s say but as per the initial appointment / extension it was voted on by the board of directors, I believe.

Anyway, I wish him well.

Gareth67

First Grade
Oh what the hell , what’s wrong with you blokes , can you not see that the great messiah has arrived ?

He now walks among us mere mortals - rejoice ye of little faith and remove those ‘ Rayban ‘ sunnies from your eyes , give thanks to the great Dragon gods who have finally delivered the promised one , who will lead us from this land of obscurity into greatness once again !

The best of good fortune to the man and may he be made of sterner stuff than those before him .

Last edited:

saints4ever

First Grade
Im not going to shit on the kid, I wish him well. I think he probably could do a good job if left free to do just that and not just a board puppet.

Wrong or right he will be judged on whether he punts the merkin. Nothing else matters until he is gone. As long as Mary is still here, nothing the CEO says in interviews or letters will matter, nothing the players do will matter.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Im not going to shit on the kid, I wish him well. I think he probably could do a good job if left free to do just that and not just a board puppet.

Wrong or right he will be judged on whether he punts the merkin. Nothing else matters until he is gone. As long as Mary is still here, nothing the CEO says in interviews or letters will matter, nothing the players do will matter.

100% correct.

At this stage his only KPI is the sacking of McGregor, according to many anyway.
The other business matters, such as sorting out the mess made by BJ (or is that the actual nothing done by BJ), finding out the true position of our finances etc, are just minor compared to 'sacking McGregor'