What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Messages To Macca

Raider_69

Post Whore
Good luck macca, your a champion bloke and top player, you will be missed greatly by all the fans. I wish you the best of luck in england and hopefully one day you can return to the green machine

thanks for the memories Mark :clap:

Fav Moment i can think of atm: his stepping on Mike Hunt v the broncos :lol:

Montz

Juniors
:( Mark what can i say.. been my favourite player for so many years.. We had a little bond, both having hole in our hearts :)

Thanks for the memories :D
Good Luck

legend

Coach
All the best Macca but I hope Fielden comes to replace you then I'll be stoked.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
wtf...i didnt think this was real...since when did this sh!t happen...

his my favorite player..i swear ima go punch out some walls brb lol.

thickos

First Grade
Mark,
I am stunned and shocked about your departure. You leave a large hole with your departure - both on the field and off it. You have been a true ambassador to the club and in the times I have seen you off the field you have always given plenty of your time to the legion of fans that you have.

You have been a loyal clubman and one of the most thrilling players to watch.

The door is always open here.

All the best

thickos

:cry:

Kris_man

Bench
Marty, i love you mate. You always had plenty of time for the fans, i'll never forget when you came up to the Raiders fans after the Roosters qualifying final 2004 to shake our hands, even though the rest of the team was heading for the sheds. so many great on-field moments. you'll probably hate hearing this, but in 1998, gee, that was the year mate. you absolutely tore the NRL to shreds. 2003 was probably your next best, you developed those great kicks for Jamaal and Joel Monaghan which set up heaps of their tries. Mark McLinden, both on-field and off-field, you'll be sorely missed...

raiders_boy

Juniors
Marty,

You are a champion, both off and off the field. You will be dearly missed. You have been my favourite for years...

Best of luck with whatever the future holds.

Take care

Raider Azz

Bench
You'll be missed. A great bloke and player. It was a shame it has happened so suddenly and you didn't have the chance to get a proper fairwell.

Oh Marty,
Look buddy...we're all gonna miss ya wearing the beautiful lime green, and you've had some great times in the green.
But i wish you all the best for england and hope you come back.
I'll never forget ya!

peter_raiders

Juniors
So sorry to see you go Marty you were one of my favourites too... :cry: :cry: :cry:

i'll never forget when you came up to the Raiders fans after the Roosters qualifying final 2004 to shake our hands, even thoguh the rest of the team was heading for the sheds.

Did he know something back then that we didn't? Bit sus if you ask me...Although im sure he was doing that out of good nature and because he loves the fans so much....or i HOPE that is the case....

Marty you are and great player and a champion bloke, you have heaps of fans and we will never forget you, best of luck over there in England, and if after 1 season you find that England isn't for you the door is always open.
There is also heaps of great off field memories, here is one that I won;t forget for ages

Once on 2gb a woman rang up compaining how the roosters mascot wouldn't hug her daughter, Marty was due to be interviewed next, he then told Ray.
Marty "Yeah I'm having problems with our mascot too"
Ray- "What Victor the Viking won't hug you?"
Marty- " Actually he won't stop hugging me, that's the problem"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Done Marty, saddest thing is we didn't get to give you a huge farewell, any chance of you hanging around untill our first home match ;-)

p.s Never been a fan of ESL, but it looks like I will have to start supporting the London Broncos ;-)

p.p.s- Mods any chance of making this a sticky?

jed

First Grade
Schifty said:
p.p.s- Mods any chance of making this a sticky?

I think the sheer number of people wanting to post in this thread will keep it right up the top of the forum for quite a few days, but we'll see how it goes.

greeneyed

First Grade
Macca... I know people don't call you this, but for some reason, this is your nickname with many on the forum. It may have something to do with Bay56's famous "Latest phone call to Macca".... threads.

You were my favourite Raiders player. I am shocked and disappointed you are leaving. I just wish we had some coaches who could have helped develop your game more in the national capital.

However, all the best with your career in London. You will have a great time living in Europe.

We hope you come back to us in Canberra before your football career is over.

Latest posts