What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metcalf / Tracey

Frenzy.

Immortal
Finally? Geez been telling all you Gumps all year he's not that good. 110% effort. 110% commitment. 110% guts. 110% team player. But he's a jack of all trades and master of none.

DJDL

Bench
Agreed Frenzy. I know he's probably been our second best back all year, but that's really not saying much.
To be truthful, I can't find a spot for him the in 17 next year. Possibly at centre, as has been floated, but I'd be inclined to give that to one of the rookies. And there's no way he starts on the wing ahead of Ronnie or Big Sexy.

I had a bit of a play around the other day trying to come up with the starting pack and bench for next year and I've got Moylan and Brailey both on the bench, so there's no room there for him.

I think it'll look something like this:

8 BHU
9 McInnes
10 Finucane
11 Nikora / Talakai
12 Wade / Wilton
13 Toby

14 Moylan
15 Williams
16 Hunt
17 Brailey

Nikora and Talakai either start or play reggies.

Subs it's Brails for Toby, with McInnes back to lock and Royce for BHU.
Williams for Finucane, with Talakai to switch up front.

chewsta

First Grade
If Wilton can put on a bit of size he has a big future, already defends like a veteran. Will be interesting to watch him develop under Fitz and the new crew.

Tiger Shark

Bench
If Wilton can put on a bit of size he has a big future, already defends like a veteran. Will be interesting to watch him develop under Fitz and the new crew.
He’s 6 foot 1 and 98kgs and only 21 I think he’s fine. No need to bulk up anymore than he’ll naturally do imo.

chewsta

First Grade
He’s 6 foot 1 and 98kgs and only 21 I think he’s fine. No need to bulk up anymore than he’ll naturally do imo.
I actually thought he was a lot taller than that. He towers over a lot of them. Regardless of height I think he has it in him to go a long way. He plays like he has been in the NRL for a few years already. Very composed.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Took me a little while to warm to him but he has come along in leaps and bounds this year… think he’ll become a gun under Fitz. Glad he’s locked up for a bit (is it 2 or 3 more years?)

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Agreed Frenzy. I know he's probably been our second best back all year, but that's really not saying much.
To be truthful, I can't find a spot for him the in 17 next year. Possibly at centre, as has been floated, but I'd be inclined to give that to one of the rookies. And there's no way he starts on the wing ahead of Ronnie or Big Sexy.

I had a bit of a play around the other day trying to come up with the starting pack and bench for next year and I've got Moylan and Brailey both on the bench, so there's no room there for him.

I think it'll look something like this:

8 BHU
9 McInnes
10 Finucane
11 Nikora / Talakai
12 Wade / Wilton
13 Toby

14 Moylan
15 Williams
16 Hunt
17 Brailey

Nikora and Talakai either start or play reggies.

Subs it's Brails for Toby, with McInnes back to lock and Royce for BHU.
Williams for Finucane, with Talakai to switch up front.
I doubt Brailey plays off the bench…. I do like the versatility of a stack of guys in the squad….Nicho covers fullback… McInnes covers hooker….Wilton centre… Tracey wing and 14. I reckon we’re still a decent centre short…. Dugan gone…. Chambers in doubt. Don’t believe there’s much on the market though. Others may disagree but I feel that a centre could be made out of Wilton. We will have a stack of creativity in the backs….a rock solid defensive centre could be valuable imo.

Meanhfish

Juniors
The team needs a centre who can draw and pass, neither Ramien or Chambers do that leaving our best scorers missing out.
Tracey is too small for centre or wing, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him bulk up as a potential hooker, I see a bit of Damien Cook in him, he has speed but needs size to break the line. He should be in the team somewhere but to have Bradley, Metcalf and Tracey on the bench leaves the big men exposed late in the game.

Ads

First Grade
I actually thought he was a lot taller than that. He towers over a lot of them. Regardless of height I think he has it in him to go a long way. He plays like he has been in the NRL for a few years already. Very composed.
He's an absolute gun. Will be our longterm second rower and captain by mid twenties I reckon.

R-15-3

Juniors
Which ever way we go we have plenty of options and depth in the half’s / fullback.
I’m on the record for wanting Metcalf in the 17 ahead of everyone, he may be untested and inexperienced but he is that player we need that teams shit their pants when he has the ball or leaving skids when he is close to getting it. He is our Ponga/Campbell things will happen around him not necessarily because of what he does but the defence choices teams make with him around.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Which ever way we go we have plenty of options and depth in the half’s / fullback.
I’m on the record for wanting Metcalf in the 17 ahead of everyone, he may be untested and inexperienced but he is that player we need that teams shit their pants when he has the ball or leaving skids when he is close to getting it. He is our Ponga/Campbell things will happen around him not necessarily because of what he does but the defence choices teams make with him around.
Look how he backed up the plays, that is Nicho Hynes like, that's what you want he is there which always gives him a chance

chewsta

First Grade
Yeah I did like the sight of Metcalf backing up through the middle. If Bubba Gump learns to do that f**k he will be a next level weapon for us!

Someone mentioned it in the game day thread Metcalf linked with everybody well and did not look out of place one bit. It was all very natural. Geez it was refreshing.

See how he goes this week anyway. Hopefully it wasn't a case of being locked in his box all year frothing to get a run and everything just fell into place on the day for him.

Latest posts