What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Crocker

Clarkieel

Juniors
Does anyone else find Crocker as annoying as I do, for some reason he irritates me to no end esp in the game last night

fish eel

Immortal
yep.

I thought it looked like the sook was gonna cry at one stage last night when they showed him on the bench.

PIG

Juniors
Great player- a grub but a great tough as nails player. I don't like the grubs who cry foul when they're on the end of it....Crocker doesn't back down and keeps going. He'll be a big gain for the Storm next year.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
absolute grub with a short fuse and a huge liability. Storm have rocks in their heads for signing him, especially on the money that has been suggested (320k). Without Roosters protection, he'll be fronting the judiciary after every 2nd game he plays.

Was watching the SOO with a few Roosters fans last night... they are absolutely stoked to be seeing the back of him.

Bigfella

Coach
Last night he used the following at every opportunity:

1. Swing arm
2. Facial
3. Push the tackled player back down (usually by the face)
4. Thrust his knee in the player's face as they were standing up to play the ball
5. When tackled strike out with elbows
6. When Blues players scored tries he was there to push them in the back afterwards

Absolute grub. It was a pleasure to see him knock on at crucial times and of course to give us a penalty on the fifth tackle which we scored the second try directly from. Blokes like him get by on niggle and no skill. He is the Terry Hill of the forwards.

Anasta was really getting into him also, tell u Anasta has really stood up this year and who ever thinks he is over rated know F... all about footy.

Clarkieel

Juniors
yeah Anasta has been good this year I think the overrated label comes from all the excessive media coverage he gets as opposed to his performance on the field

PIG

Juniors
Not everyone can be a nice bloke like Luke Burt, some people earn their money playing football. He aint the most skillfull bloke but he does what he can to leave his mark on the game....why bag him for that? He's a premiership winner who's played for his state and country, maybe some of our forwards could get some aggression lessons from him- i'm pointing at you Michael Vella.

Pedro Collins

Juniors
If it had of been reffed the same as a club game he would of had 20 penalties against him for being the third man in with a swinging arm. I don't find those sort of antics tough. They are cheap and grubby.

Hurriflatch

Referee
there a tough player and there there is thug

Shane Webcke is a good tough player
Crocker is a thug.

Crocker is nio better the Hoppa

eelz47

Coach
Ten games for NSW 1999-2002, five Tests 1999-2001; World Cup 2000; Kangaroo tour 2001 micky has all these without the dirt

forward pass

Coach
parraitdoesmatta said:
Anasta was really getting into him also, tell u Anasta has really stood up this year and who ever thinks he is over rated know F... all about footy.

Anasta and Crocker have a bit of history... they can't stand each other. If he stayed at Roosters there was no way Anasta would go there !

He is a total grub.

eelandia

Juniors
Crocker's as tough as nails and wouldn't back down from anyone. He was playing with the big boys at a young age (16...??) in a tough comp and from all reports used to hold his own but cop plenty. He has grown up with that style and isn't going to stop because a few opposition fans are offended.

I don't remember him being dirty or grubby, just in our faces all night.

fish eel

Immortal
My problem with Crocker is that he crosses the line to much.

Aggression is fine. But knees to the head when someone is getting up to play the ball, c'mon thats not playing tough thats playing like a big cat.

The Colonel

Immortal
Crocker is an agressive style of player, and to an extent I enjoy his play. The problem is he doesn't know what too far is and doesn't see that line he has crossed. He is a borderline grub, who has probably been used to some protection where he currently plays. Watch what happens when he moves to Melbourne.....