What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Ennis-Broncos

lockyno1

Post Whore
Next season. There was talk of him being availiable is week 2 or 3 of the final series. But we won't make it that far. If we get into the finals we will get smashed by the dogs or eels in week 1!

caylo

Bench
obviously not u, but other ppl who post constructive comment obviously care enough to know, or inquire. mabey u should fall in a deep hole, do the world a favour

Hurriflatch

Referee
The way the Broncos are going there is a chance they may not even make week 1 of the finals

3 tough games coming up and they are in very poor form unlikely they will miss the finals but by no means impossible.

Leagueguy

Juniors
It said in the Sunday Mail he is a reasonable chance of making it back in round 26. That is best indication I think there is.

Meanie

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
The way the Broncos are going there is a chance they may not even make week 1 of the finals

3 tough games coming up and they are in very poor form unlikely they will miss the finals but by no means impossible.

They were in very poor form before the Storm game, I think they found some form and were one Darius Boyd step into touch from possibly sending it into golden point against the competition favourites.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Meanie said:
They were in very poor form before the Storm game, I think they found some form and were one Darius Boyd step into touch from possibly sending it into golden point against the competition favourites.

Very true. Many commentators are still claiming a slump and crisis at the Broncos, but these people must not have witnessed the first half of Sunday's match. Brisbane outplayed the Storm all over the park and it was only the half time break that stopped their momentum. If they can re-create that 1st half for 80 minutes they will be a very competetive side in the finals.

salivor

First Grade
So we've had 40 good minutes in our last 400 minutes of football and suddenly we're not in a slump. Fool proof logic.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
hahahah you're only as good as your last first-half perfrmance

I dont wanna see ennis risked this year there's simply no point, same with hunt.

I wont be surprised to see the broncs miss the finals

Meanie

Juniors
salivor said:
So we've had 40 good minutes in our last 400 minutes of football and suddenly we're not in a slump. Fool proof logic.

No....but theres a difference between 40 minutes of good football out of 80 and 0 good minutes of football out of 320.

Meanie

Juniors
Pierced Soul said:
hahahah you're only as good as your last first-half perfrmance

I dont wanna see ennis risked this year there's simply no point, same with hunt.

I wont be surprised to see the broncs miss the finals

I'd be very surprised, it'd mean one of the teams on 22 points finding form.

salivor

First Grade
Meanie said:
No....but theres a difference between 40 minutes of good football out of 80 and 0 good minutes of football out of 320.

Not really, both are pathetic, even Souths are capable of putting together a decent 40 minutes.

What allowed us to get out to a 10 nil lead was utter forward dominance against a smaller Storm pack. Do you honestly believe we will be able to do that against that ruthless Dogs outfit?

Meanie

Juniors
salivor said:
Not really, both are pathetic, even Souths are capable of putting together a decent 40 minutes.

What allowed us to get out to a 10 nil lead was utter forward dominance against a smaller Storm pack. Do you honestly believe we will be able to do that against that ruthless Dogs outfit?

We managed to smash them earlier in the year.

salivor

First Grade
Yeah but the that's a completely different side to what we'll be facing on Friday. Since then the Bulldogs have won 9 from 11, gone from battling to make it into the top 4 to being premiership favourites and have openly stated they want to strike fear through every other team in the comp.

The Broncos on the other hand since then have only won 3 from 11 and are limping home bar 40 minutes of football, directly after which they choked and threw away the game.

I may sound negative, but it's the reality of the situation.

Meanie

Juniors
salivor said:
Yeah but the that's a completely different side to what we'll be facing on Friday. Since then the Bulldogs have won 9 from 11, gone from battling to make it into the top 4 to being premiership favourites and have openly stated they want to strike fear through every other team in the comp.

The Broncos on the other hand since then have only won 3 from 11 and are limping home bar 40 minutes of football, directly after which they choked and threw away the game.

I may sound negative, but it's the reality of the situation.

The leap from the Raiders game to the Storm game was enough for me to give the Broncos another chance for this season. For mine it was our lack of point scoring options that did us last week, not the lack of a forward pack. Our forward pack can match the Dogs I think, it's the backs who have to start producing more, especially on the 5th tackle. Also a big test to see if last weeks forwards performace was a one off or how they're going to approach every game for the rest of the season.

salivor

First Grade
Meanie said:
The leap from the Raiders game to the Storm game was enough for me to give the Broncos another chance for this season. For mine it was our lack of point scoring options that did us last week, not the lack of a forward pack. Our forward pack can match the Dogs I think, it's the backs who have to start producing more, especially on the 5th tackle. Also a big test to see if last weeks forwards performace was a one off or how they're going to approach every game for the rest of the season.

Where I'm going with the forward pack argument is that we dominated the Storm yet could still only score 2 tries and despite having more time due to our go-forward still struggled to get the ball out wide or get away our 5th tackle kicks.

I'm not saying we won't compete with the Dogs but we won't dominate them like we did with the Storm therefore we won't get as much time on attack, we won't get as much possession, field position and shots at the Bulldogs as we did on Sunday. We laid the perfect platform for points and could only come up with 12, without that on Friday I don't think we're even slightly close to having enough to beat the Dogs.

Leagueguy

Juniors
I don't think the Dogs will give Brisbane as many problems as the Storm. The storm do that rush up defence and are masters at holding down in the play the ball which Brisbane hate. There also awesome up the middle of the ruck with Cameron Smith. Canterbury are a tough team, but I can't see how they'll be a bigger test than the Storm. Who knows what will happen anyway. Its a distinct possibility that Brisbane may get dominated in the forwards but take there chances when they come and sneak a win against the dogs. You just don't know whats going to happen.