What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Kasprowicz replaces Brett Lee for India Tri Series

John_Travolta

Juniors
G`day guys, If you guys haven`t already heard one of my fav players has been re-called Michael Kasprowicz, i`m glad he got selected he`s been on the outter for some years again now, and I have been hoping him well to get back in. I think he`ll do well, and hope he knocks over Tendulkar since he`s got the wood on him 4-1 hehe. Plus he`s got the same B`DAY as me haha classic....anyways here`s what I got from www.cricinfo.com

earlier tonight:

Michael Kasprowicz, the Queensland fast bowler, has been chosen as Brett Lee's replacement in the 14-man Australian squad for the one-day triangular tournament in India. Lee was forced out of the tour yesterday after pulling an abdominal muscle while bowling in the second Test against Zimbabwe at Sydney.

Kasprowicz has played 16 ODIs for Australia, the last being in February 1999 at Melbourne against Sri Lanka. He had a successful stint with Glamorgan this season, taking 77 wickets, including career-best figures of 9 for 36.

"With injuries to our senior bowling line-up, we felt that on this occasion it was necessary to look for another experienced quick," said Trevor Hohns, the chairman of selectors. "Michael also has experience in the challenging conditions of the subcontinent and that will be a real asset to the squad.

"Given the work load that Andy Bichel and Brad Williams will face during this current Test match, it is fair to say that Michael will play a big role in India." Kasprowicz was the winner of the 2002-03 Ian Healy Trophy as Queensland's most valuable player.

Meanwhile, it was confirmed that Lee would be out of action for about one month. `I am bitterly disappointed," said Lee. "I've worked really hard on my fitness and have basically gone through the past three seasons unscathed, so to miss this tour now is a major blow.

"I pretty much knew from my first ball this morning that something was wrong. There are times when I have stiffness and I can pretty much bowl through it – that's part and parcel of bowling – but this certainly felt worse. But hopefully we've identified the problem early and it won't turn into a bigger problem."

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I was quite surprised they went with Kasprowicz, I wouldve thought they pick someone younger like Ashley Noffke or Stuart Clark. Im disappointed that Lee's been ruled out, he has a good record against both India and New Zealand, and is once again ruled out of the Indian tour.

However, based on Kaspers recent domestic form and his overall form in India, the selectors made the right choice.

Good onya Kasper, hope u kill em in India.

Latest posts