What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Morgan

ram raid

Bench
I don't think there has been enough hero worship of Michael Morgan. Lost in the sentimentality over JT's fairy tail, Ben Hunt's epic fail, and Bennett's expostulating, has been the fact that one - very attractive - man changed the course of history with an inspired bit of individual brilliance ...

The Cowboys were coming. But the Brisbane defense had help up. The greatest player in the game had tried everything. They were out of ideas and going backwards in the dying seconds. The game was over. And then ... this f**king champion gets the ball, draws three defenders and puts his winger over ...

mogan.gif

Bow to your Lord ladies and gentlemen. Michael Morgan.

north-queensland-michael-morgan.jpeg

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
Future is bright, Morgan will do big things, the Prince in the North.
The heir apparent.

Feldt gets an honorable mention also.

Exsilium

First Grade
I re watched the game and started piecing together some factors in how the Broncos managed to shut down the Cowboys so well.

First point I'll make is that whenever the Cowboys were on the attack the defenders were almost always inside the ten, especially Parker and Gillett. Went both ways but it was really noticeable in the second half. It absolutely stifled the Cowboys attack.

The third man flop was another. It's been a hot and cold penalty all year with Souths being the worst offenders to be fair. Needed to be policed.
In support of the Broncos the markers were caught out numerous times by Milford but as finals go it's never a penalty unless blindingly obvious.

Morgan did plent of little things off the ball and deserves a lot of credit. I think the real Cowboys hero was their forward pack. Kept rolling on. Asiata was useful with Tamou laying a good platform.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I like Sterlo but it was cringeworthy when he was giving Thurston the credit for that play, when all he did was run around like a headless chook.

Last Week

Bench
I like Sterlo but it was cringeworthy when he was giving Thurston the credit for that play, when all he did was run around like a headless chook.

Well, he did do a good job of staying alive. Beat a few defenders. But the try belonged all to Morgan.

typicalfan

Coach

He didn't give him credit for the play, he just credited Thurstons role in the play. He wasn't wrong if JT dies with that ball or just flings the ball to the nearest team mate then that try doesn't happen. Morgan obviously played the main role in that play though.

Apey

Staff member

JT got a bad ball but he pretty much just shit the bed and played hot potato with it. Sterlo got sucked into the rubbish big time.

All Morgan.

ram raid

Bench
JT got a bad ball but he pretty much just shit the bed and played hot potato with it. Sterlo got sucked into the rubbish big time.

All Morgan.

JT could take a shit out there and the commentators would all begin gushing about what a superb effort it is.

Morgan is the future captain and face of the Cowboys like JT is now. Pure clutch moment from Morgan to get that pass. The 2015 Cowboys might as well be known as Clutch Cowboys all the times they comeback during the regular season and at GF.

Last edited:

DiegoNT

First Grade
Morgan beats 1 player, draws in 2 more, throws outrageous but inch perfect offload for his winger.
Praise goes to Thurston for giving him the ball.

Hopefully once the dust settles Morgan will get the praiae he deserves, it was one of the biggest plays in grand final history