What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mick Ennis is a knob

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I don’t mind him, hated him as a player but like him as a commentator. He even admitted that he was wrong about Macca as most of us were. Alexander too was very complimentary of our backline. I really don’t get the beef.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Mick owns Canberra, give him a clap.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2016%2F09%2F14%2F10%2F31%2FEnnis_1000.jpg

possm

Coach
I just switch off at times when he starts talking because at times he imo talks too much.
I'd say that theyall 'talk to much' and most are anti Dragons or Griffin. My young son will testify how angry they make me with all that bias and dribble. Why can't they just call the game and leave the rest of that crap for after the game.

Having said that, Ennis is one player that I wish we would have not let go. Yes he had a lot of niggle in his game but he sure was a great hooker; a player we could have done with during the Price / Mary era.

denis preston

First Grade
I don’t mind him, hated him as a player but like him as a commentator. He even admitted that he was wrong about Macca as most of us were. Alexander too was very complimentary of our backline. I really don’t get the beef.

Nor do i. This bullshit about Alexander hates us because of what Linnane did nearly 30 years ago has developed as a urban myth with a life of it's own on here. There's a lot, a bloody lot , of ex players gaining a valuble gig commentating on NRL. You would only listen to 25% of them at the most. I think Alexander, Ennis, Sterling, Cronk would be in my 25% .

since77

Juniors
I think it’s humorous that if a Dragons fan sitting on their couch nursing their 10th beer says something negative that’s ok but if an expert who has actually played the game, won grand finals etc says something negative then they are a knob / wanker / hater. Also don’t get the hate for Alexander, he’s just calling it as he sees it. I generally agree with him. I thought he was pretty balanced last night. Very complimentary about Hunt and he’s been an outspoken critic in the past, and rightfully criticised the errors of the team at crucial points in the game.

There are certainly some dud commentators on Fox - Corey Parker, Meninga, Blocker are at the top of that tree but Alexander generally is a good analyst IMHO.