What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid Season Review - 2022

Eelctrifying

Juniors
Sure fine. We shouldn't of lost to the sharks in the dying minutes and we all f**k should not lost to the Tigers coming off 100 losses at a sold home with 75 year event and Eels legends watching.

Really we just need luck to score the premiership. Of course, skill is there but we make it hard on ourselves a lot.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Given the injuries, I think we've done well to be 8-4 at the halfway point.

The draw looks a bit harder for the final 12 games - we tend to struggle against teams that play like Souths (who we have twice) and Manly (who we face away), and we have tough home games against Roosters, Panthers and Storm.

If we only win 50% of those, then we simply must win 5 out of the other 6 games - including Broncos away - to achieve the 8-4 split in the second half of the rounds.

But if we can get into the top 4 (with Panthers, Storm and Roosters) then we should stand a strong chance to get through to the grand final.

Gronk

Staff member
We got beat in the 79th minute twice and got beat easy once to be 8-4.

Storm lost easy to Pennys and Cows two weeks in a row plus they lost to us to be 9-3. Somehow the sun shines out of their arse and not ours. Oh that's right, they won the comp in 2020 so that gives them immunity.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Storm lost easy to Pennys and Cows two weeks in a row plus they lost to us to be 9-3. Somehow the sun shines out of their arse and not ours. Oh that's right, they won the comp in 2020 so that gives them immunity.
Storm dont appear to have the depth this year. I thought they were far from convincing last weekend. I remain wild about Harry but gee he has time off. How much sick leave does that fu*ker get? Players like him and Pappy are great but probably not the best value for money.
Our 8 and 10 have been getting less minutes and I reckon it will help us in the long run. We finally have our best team available and it showed V The Clap. We looked a different team with an adjustment to our usual style. It wasnt all crash and exhaustion. I thought that win was equally as impressive as our Storm and Pennys win and possibly even better.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Storm dont appear to have the depth this year. I thought they were far from convincing last weekend. I remain wild about Harry but gee he has time off. How much sick leave does that fu*ker get? Players like him and Pappy are great but probably not the best value for money.
Our 8 and 10 have been getting less minutes and I reckon it will help us in the long run. We finally have our best team available and it showed V The Clap. We looked a different team with an adjustment to our usual style. It wasnt all crash and exhaustion. I thought that win was equally as impressive as our Storm and Pennys win and possibly even better.
When you think about it the raiders got 2 tries flukey off kicks with Gutho making a mess off that kick and simmonsson knocking one back into the in-goal for Kris to dive on.

Defence held up in 2nd half when under assault.

Grant certainly is more injury prone then Scam Smith was.

hindy111

Post Whore

We also won in Golden Point and in the 78th minute and just held on against a fast finishing Titans twice.

hindy111

Post Whore
When you think about it the raiders got 2 tries flukey off kicks with Gutho making a mess off that kick and simmonsson knocking one back into the in-goal for Kris to dive on.

Amd that silly dummy half try.

Eelementary

Post Whore

He also scored a flukey try - Penisini's try was off a very fortunate bounce...