What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid-week knockout comp

Stewbum

Juniors
I'm bored.

Based on points tables after round 8

Round 9 – Qld Cup & NSW Cup BYE
Qld Cup 1st vs Tasmania reps
Qld Cup 2nd vs Northern Territory reps
Qld Cup 3rd vs Western Australia reps
Qld Cup 4th vs NSW Cup 12th
Qld Cup 5th vs NSW Cup 11th
Qld Cup 6th vs NSW Cup 10th
Qld Cup 7th vs NSW Cup 9th
Qld Cup 8th vs NSW Cup 8th
Qld Cup 9th vs NSW Cup 7th
Qld Cup 10th vs NSW Cup 6th
Qld Cup 11th vs NSW Cup 5th
Qld Cup 12th vs NSW Cup 4th
Qld Cup 13th vs NSW Cup 3rd
Qld Cup 14th vs NSW Cup 2nd
Victorian Reps vs NSW Cup 1st
NYC 1st v NYC 2nd

Round 10 – NSW Cup & Qld Cup Split Round (Losers from Round 9 play weekend – winners mid-week)
W1 v W9
W2 v W10
W3 v W11
W4 v W12
W 5 v W 13
W6 v W14
W7 v W15
W8 v W16
NRL Round 10 (losers eliminated)

Round 11 – NRL, NSW Cup, & Qld Cup Split Round (Losers from Round 9 & 10 play weekend – winners mid-week)
NRL sides remaining (8) vs National winners (8)

Round 12 – NRL Split Round (Losers from Round 10 & 11 play weekend – winners mid-week)
Qtr Finals

Round 13
Semi Finals

Round 14
Final

Fire away....

The Partisan

Yeah.....no........Nah ! :p

Do up a purely Qld based one using the different regional comps and maybe I'll be impressed !!!

The Partisan

I do think some kind of 'traditional' regional championships would be good to see again. If only contested via a knockout system within the 'mega' Divisions of Northern, Central and South East with the winners playing off for a final.Possibly add 'Western Division' as a fourth entity to allow for four team finals.......2 semi finals ...one GF.

So 2017 semis could see Townsville (N) v Gold Coast (SE); AND Rockhampton (C) v Mt. Isa (W)

Stewbum

Juniors
I do think some kind of 'traditional' regional championships would be good to see again. If only contested via a knockout system within the 'mega' Divisions of Northern, Central and South East with the winners playing off for a final.Possibly add 'Western Division' as a fourth entity to allow for four team finals.......2 semi finals ...one GF.

So 2017 semis could see Townsville (N) v Gold Coast (SE); AND Rockhampton (C) v Mt. Isa (W)
We'll run that comp in parallel. I can't find any information on the 96 State Championships. Time to search for an old tipping comp spreadsheet which is related. If I find one I'll post the results. I think Wide Bay may have won it. I recall one team name - The Rockhampton Rustlers!

rwaite

Juniors
I'd like to see a short 4 round pre-season competition at the start of the season. It could have 4 pools of teams from the QLD and NSW statewide competitions plus WA, SA, VIC, NT and representative NSW and QLD country teams from areas not represented in the statewide competitions (eg. Toowoomba, Wide Bay, NSW Country divisional teams) similar to the old Amco Cup.

Like the old Woolies pre-season competition it could be played at the same time with the same number of rounds. Those 4 rounds could be followed by semi-finals involving the top teams from each of the 4 pools and then the final.

Like the old State League, it could help develop areas right across Australia (and even the Pacific) not currently involved in the statewide competitions just like the State League did for QLD country areas.