What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Middle (Earth) Season

2 from 2.

Sharks next week with Kiwis backing up will be a challenge.
How many Sharks can we make honorary Kiwis for the test?

Is the test Sunday in Denver (making it Monday here) or Sunday our time e.g. Saturday there.

sup42

Juniors
Pretty unbelievable that for lack of a strong for and against - the Warriors have been first equal for much of the season in terms of table points.

This is tracking as a season in the top three of all time season results for the club.

That is seriously good for Coach and players.

I find it hard to believe that kearneys process is outstripping all of Clearys regular season form ( the measure being position on the table) the hardest bit to understand being the quantum improvement from such a chronically lengthy period of very poor achievement.

To beat Daniel Anderson 2002 regular season, Kearneys men need win the minor prems by 2 points clear.

Obviously to be the best season on record the story ends with winning the GF.

looking at the way the Warriors are leading the NRL in away wins....if they finish top four they have to rate as a threat.

Pretty unbelievable that for lack of a strong for and against - the Warriors have been first equal for much of the season in terms of table points.

This is tracking as a season in the top three of all time season results for the club.

That is seriously good for Coach and players.

I find it hard to believe that kearneys process is outstripping all of Clearys regular season form ( the measure being position on the table) the hardest bit to understand being the quantum improvement from such a chronically lengthy period of very poor achievement.

To beat Daniel Anderson 2002 regular season, Kearneys men need win the minor prems by 2 points clear.

Obviously to be the best season on record the story ends with winning the GF.

looking at the way the Warriors are leading the NRL in away wins....if they finish top four they have to rate as a threat.
While taking nothing away from the achievement so far and a massive improvement in bogey issues like playing in Australia, winning without SJ and overcoming mental issues against certain teams e.g. Dragons and Cows.

The stats show we have won 6 from 6 against teams in the bottom 8 and 4 from 8 against top 8 teams (assumes Bunnies top 8 in round1)

So being a true threat we need to deal with the top teams better.

In saying that we had our full strength spine for 1 of those losses (Broncos round6) so there is some hope if we can keep them fit.

Burns

First Grade
NRL360 just now discussing the NRL etc, if Raiders will make the eight - Think that the Warriors will drop out and not win the likely minimum of four games to make the 8.

Lol.

NRL360 just now discussing the NRL etc, if Raiders will make the eight - Think that the Warriors will drop out and not win the likely minimum of four games to make the 8.

Lol.
It was that David Riccio journo.
He based it in past performance and rep round drain. Kent and Ben a bit surprised by call.
Riccio obvious didnt see SJ, Green, Harris and RTS not playing.
Sharks will be a tough ask.

If the magic number is still 28.
Raiders need 7 more wins.

Raiders run to finals:
Broncos away
Dogs away
Cowboys home
Sharks away
Storm away
Panthers away
Tigers home
Roosters home
Bunnies home
Warriors away.

I see 3 they should as they teams below them on table, finding another 4 not so easy.

JJ

Immortal
While taking nothing away from the achievement so far and a massive improvement in bogey issues like playing in Australia, winning without SJ and overcoming mental issues against certain teams e.g. Dragons and Cows.

The stats show we have won 6 from 6 against teams in the bottom 8 and 4 from 8 against top 8 teams (assumes Bunnies top 8 in round1)

In saying that we had our full strength spine for 1 of those losses (Broncos round6) so there is some hope if we can keep them fit.
yep, 3 from 7 is probably fairer, as Souths have definitely changed... seems a soft draw, but didn't look terribly soft at start of season - scarcely believable we've only lost 4, way beyond my expectations - still, I think you're right we're not really a top 4 team, but should safely be in finals

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
We're into round 17, I imagine it would be pretty unprecedented for a side to fall from 8 points inside the top eight to miss finals. Whoever David Riccio is can do sit on his typewriter and rotate. The Raiders are an absolute bunch of chokers in any case, and their coach is a munter. The eight is set.

Pretty incredible that we went from one win away all season in 2017 to 6-1 this year. SK's plan of not talking about it seems to have worked in the end, right? Unless we actually ended up talking about it.

Isn't it 3 wins v top 8 (Rabbitohs, Dragons, Roosters?) This is a pretty strong 8 this year - no passengers, so I don't think that's a bad effort (and we haven't played the Sharks or Panthers). No one's saying we're top 4 but wins against the top eight this year are all bloody hard to come by. Feels like it's the strongest 8 in years, and we're in it. That feels good to me.But you are right, we do need to get better to be a threat, no doubt.

Isn't it 3 wins v top 8 (Rabbitohs, Dragons, Roosters?) This is a pretty strong 8 this year - no passengers, so I don't think that's a bad effort (and we haven't played the Sharks or Panthers). No one's saying we're top 4 but wins against the top eight this year are all bloody hard to come by. Feels like it's the strongest 8 in years, and we're in it. That feels good to me.But you are right, we do need to get better to be a threat, no doubt.

Tigers where 5th when we played them in round 9. They slipped to 7th after the loss. So I count that as a win over top 8 team even though they are 10th now.

Without Origin interference the next 3 games look tough.

June 29 Sharks (home)
July 6 Panthers (away)
July 11 SOO 3
July 15 Broncos (away)

Sharks post international looks mainly an issue for Luke and Maumalo with their workload in a NRL game.

Panthers will be without their halves and Broncos will have a few backing up.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Tigers where 5th when we played them in round 9. They slipped to 7th after the loss. So I count that as a win over top 8 team even though they are 10th now.

Fair enough, that's how I've done it in the past.

No Maloney/Cleary v Panthers is good, as well as absence of Campbell-Gillard and anyone else I've missed. Broncos backing up not a bad thing either.

Burns

First Grade
Penrith losing today against Manly, means next weeks match will be huge in determining who may be fighting out 3rd/4th place.

Wow we f**ked that up.
Won't beat Broncos next week on this form.
Looking like 2 from 5.
Missing Harris big time.
Need some god dam forwards that hit the line harder.