What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mighty pennies v the tigpies

stryker

First Grade
Clearly logic goes over your head. So you support cowardice? Well done. I am being sarcastic. The Panthers supporters does not engage in this sort of behaviour.
It’s hard when I’m arguing with an idiot.
Yeah Panthers supporters are Saints.
Btw I’ve twice denounced that behaviour at Leichhardt in this thread and others. Starting a Cleary is a wanker chant is all good but threatening/ enacting violence is not.

The police swat team and special forces called in to protect Nate and co from a few badly chosen words courtesy of an incomprehensible drunken lout.

Qld are going to frighten off us off the park by saying a couple of rude things.

DinkyDi

Juniors
It’s hard when I’m arguing with an idiot.
Yeah Panthers supporters are Saints.
Btw I’ve twice denounced that behaviour at Leichhardt in this thread and others. Starting a Cleary is a wanker chant is all good but threatening/ enacting violence is not.
Be kind to yourself. Your the idiot, not me.

No doubt the entire 165 player Panther Soo contingent who were at Leichhardt are suffering from a critical chronic de-smugging.

A complete loss of confidence courtesy of less than endearing disapproval by drunken boof heads.

Harden up Smuggies!

WestyLife

First Grade
giphy.gif
I'm putting this entire thread on ignore. The notifications are infuriating.

soc123_au

Staff member
I love nothing more than a good verbal jousting with @stryker but after reading todays postings he is on the money with his comments in here.

I'm all for the Tigers fans giving to Ivan verbally at the game, it just adds some spice and creates rivalry. As for it being a few years since Ivan left there, I took over 10 years to forgive Gus & Freddy for leaving us. Each to there own on how long it takes to get over something, rationality doesnt come into it when its based on team support.

I think it's great that other teams supporters come here to comment either good or bad. It's a pretty recent phenomenon, have a think about whats changed to cause it and be happy.

WestyLife

First Grade
I love nothing more than a good verbal jousting with @stryker but after reading todays postings he is on the money with his comments in here.

I'm all for the Tigers fans giving to Ivan verbally at the game, it just adds some spice and creates rivalry. As for it being a few years since Ivan left there, I took over 10 years to forgive Gus & Freddy for leaving us. Each to there own on how long it takes to get over something, rationality doesnt come into it when its based on team support.

I think it's great that other teams supporters come here to comment either good or bad. It's a pretty recent phenomenon, have a think about whats changed to cause it and be happy.

The issue is no one is saying anything. It's the same empty comments around and around.

giphy.gif

stryker

First Grade
Yet they will be the first one’s to pipe up and say, “THE JJ Giltinan Shield means nothing!”

I’m sure the Balmain Tigers first grade team of 1969 will disagree.......
To be perfectly honest, I truly value the JJ Giltinan Sheild over the Provan-Summons Trophy. 16 teams attack it on equal footing and over 25 rounds the winner is the most deserved.
It proves you were the best prepared side throughout the off season and most successful side throughout the 6 & 1/2 month weekly slog that is the NRL premiership round competition. You managed any mini crisis’s that present such as key injuries and suspensions as well as losing personnel due to rep footy. You best kept the attitude and drive of the squad pointing in the right direction and you minimised dramas in your squad’s personal lives bleeding into their work. It is severely hard to win it and just as severely under appreciated. The prize money and standing within the game is insufficient.

In contrast, 8 teams get a crack at the Provan-Summons and not necessarily the best side over the 4 week period collects it. Usually, good sides are eliminated by your rivals, providing an easier path. If you make the 8, hit decent form and have some luck, you can take the trophy and at worst it’ll be a 4 game investment.

So, no I don’t agree with your assessment. I would vastly prefer the JJ Giltinan.

Last edited:

Latest posts