What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mikaele Ravalawa

Crush

Coach
We are stacked with Internationals!
Blessed with a roster full of Internationals!
What a great International game rugby league is!
Who said football aka soccer was the world game? Its gotta be rugby league!

tumbidragon

First Grade
We are stacked with Internationals!
Blessed with a roster full of Internationals!
What a great International game rugby league is!
Who said football aka soccer was the world game? Its gotta be rugby league!
QFT

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
anybody notice Mika is playing centre for Fuji? In part this is because of Sivo and Vinuvalu take the wings I guess... but a good performance could give the test some of us asked for.

Longer term wingers and centres are up for grabs atm...

Ravalawa isn’t first grade quality...end of story. I’m still trying to work out the rationale of punching the ball after DCE put through a kick at Brookvale Oval last weekend,

SnowDragon

Juniors
Ravalawa isn’t first grade quality...end of story. I’m still trying to work out the rationale of punching the ball after DCE put through a kick at Brookvale Oval last weekend,

Funnily enough I tend to agree, at least that he needs to learn more... however, he has a good offensive running game and has recently shown a quality passing game. His defence can be good, but needs work on the high ball and positioning.

If he is a winger, then he needs to work that way, but if he could be a center, then the skill set is a little different, and that should be the focus. I tend to think he could be a quality centre... but not sure. The other question is what do saint need most? ... and that depends in part on Lafai and Aitken, as well as where we are to play Lomax long term (centre or FB)

possm

Coach
Funnily enough I tend to agree, at least that he needs to learn more... however, he has a good offensive running game and has recently shown a quality passing game. His defence can be good, but needs work on the high ball and positioning.

If he is a winger, then he needs to work that way, but if he could be a center, then the skill set is a little different, and that should be the focus. I tend to think he could be a quality centre... but not sure. The other question is what do saint need most? ... and that depends in part on Lafai and Aitken, as well as where we are to play Lomax long term (centre or FB)
Who did Millward think the recruitment of Ravalawa is like for like with, Macdonald or Nightingale? You can't blame Mary for this one.

So what did happen to the approx. 1.4m salary cap gained by the loss of Dugan, Nightingale and Macdonald? Was the majority of these funds transferred to upgrade salaries of our forwards or to recuit Norman and and extend Dufty? A non transparent salary cap only serves to hide Millward's incompetence.

BLM01

First Grade
Who did Millward think the recruitment of Ravalawa is like for like with, Macdonald or Nightingale? You can't blame Mary for this one.

So what did happen to the approx. 1.4m salary cap gained by the loss of Dugan, Nightingale and Macdonald? Was the majority of these funds transferred to upgrade salaries of our forwards or to recuit Norman and and extend Dufty? A non transparent salary cap only serves to hide Millward's incompetence.
You answered your own question. Tell me whose salary cap is transparent
Dugan left the year before.
Sure some of our recruitment is reserve grade quality and worse than some and we all are not happy with our back 5 as it sits and depth.
But I blame the whole club and you continue to leave Mary out of it which is ludicrous

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Ravalawa was signed in mid last year, long before Nene asked for his release.
Nene had another year to run on his contract and until then was onecof our wingers. Nighty stayed 1yr too long but he was basically a free player with the long service player exemption. Nighty's injury/s forced the hand of playing Periera, who at that time was the leading try scorer in ISP. You could almost guarantee if Nighty didnt have injuries etc we would have finished 2018 with Nene and Nighty as our wingers.
As for the remainder of this year, I would also like to see young Saab play a few games in preperation for 2020. I'm not convinced about Pearson as yet, his express pace doesnt seem to be there atm.

Walpole

Juniors

possm, just curious, what are your thoughts on Millward?

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think Rava is progressing very well. He is a very strong runner of the ball. His biggest weakness is the high ball. The more I think about it, the more I would like to see him given a run at centre. Mary should have played him there the last 2 games, with Pereira on the wing and no Maranta.

Crush

Coach

Ravalawa played very well.
Patience is paying off with him it seems?

Paddles

Juniors
He had an excellent game. The best any of our wingers have had all year, and by a long margin.

He ran out of his own end like a prop. His post contact metres in his own 10 would be 3 times the next player from either team. He had excellent hands and picked up a few tricky ones, including one for a try. He made a couple of awesome defensive reads and just seemed a step ahead of the game all night.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
He has shown potential since round 1, it's just some people on here were too quick to criticise him instead of watching what he can do with the ball and the space he can create.
Fan rules: If you don’t score a hat-trick on debut, you’re on the scrap heap..

Amazing how quickly Dufty went from saviour to pariah..

I give Lomax till the end of the season before folks start turning on him too..

FTR I like ravalawa.. he was awesome tonight..

Latest posts