What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Milkenhauzen deliberate or not?

hindy111

Post Whore
What where peoples thoughts on this? It upset me much more then Kafusi dog shot.
He obviously wasn't hurt. The question is was he trying to gain a penalty or was it more as Phil Gould suggested. His forwards where gassed and finished. He twice gave them a 2min stop to get breath back and reset which put them back into the game.
Either way it was foul sportsmanship. But if it was to give his forwards a rest I feel the message come from the coaching staff which makes it even worse.
It was very lame if ask me and has no place in rugby league. Back when Fatty and co would mock soccer players for staying down and laugh at them. If caught these guys get a yellow card and can be suspended and penalised. It is time for the NRL to take the same approach and stamp this shit out.
A mockery of the rules and a stain on the game.

The Rosco

Bench
What where peoples thoughts on this? It upset me much more then Kafusi dog shot.
He obviously wasn't hurt. The question is was he trying to gain a penalty or was it more as Phil Gould suggested. His forwards where gassed and finished. He twice gave them a 2min stop to get breath back and reset which put them back into the game.
Either way it was foul sportsmanship. But if it was to give his forwards a rest I feel the message come from the coaching staff which makes it even worse.
It was very lame if ask me and has no place in rugby league. Back when Fatty and co would mock soccer players for staying down and laugh at them. If caught these guys get a yellow card and can be suspended and penalised. It is time for the NRL to take the same approach and stamp this shit out.
A mockery of the rules and a stain on the game.

. . . Nathan Brown backs into the tackle, rubs his neck and says " hold my beer"
Kafusi's was a dog shot.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's Melbourne why is anyone surprised??? They have been a blight on the game since Martina arrived there. Even with f**kface gone they still get away with murder.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It was deliberate, imo.

Papenhuyzen knew his forwards were out on their feet, so he tried to milk a few penalties - best case scenario, they get a penalty; worst case scenario, they get a breather.

Look at the first half - with 10 minutes to go in the first half, the Storm forwards were totally out of puff. Welch was huffing and puffing big breaths.

Our forwards looked like they had more in the tank.

It's Melbourne why is anyone surprised??? They have been a blight on the game since Martina arrived there. Even with f**kface gone they still get away with murder.

Oh come on mate, they've introduced some of the greatest developments the game's ever seen: the crusher, the chicken wing, the prowler, the cannonball, the reverse prowler, the leg lock, the argue with the ref while a man lies paralysed on the ground, the double contracts each worth the paper they're written on. Where would we be without all of that stuff?

Delboy

First Grade
The NrL seem to run scared of the Storm.
Perhaps they haven’t noticed the connection
Boats arriving at players homes
2. Contracts signed
Crusher tackle
Chicken wing
Crocodile leg roll
Head smash into ground
2 players hold opposing player while 3rd into ribs
testimonials and playing on
soft suspensions
Surpising lack of game penalties for obvious infringements

Maybe an overreaction , but it’s not difficult to understand the general dislike of a very successful team.