What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Millward's delivers a world of pain.

possm

Coach
Of course there is some benefit, I never said there wasn't but there comes s time and there are circumstances when the time for their entry to 1st grade presents itself and I don't believe we avail ourselves of those moments nearly well enough.
Do we give some of them a little taste yes we do, but do we have the belief in them, that if we keep them there and give them even more, that they can achieve that is the question.

Now days the benefits are short term. You might get one or two years at a lower cap rate if you time it right however, sooner or later you will have to pay market price for your junior come first grader.

Right now Mary has the opinion that all juniors but Host and Sele are not ready for first grade. He is there at training and I gather he would look at video of them playing reserve grade. So it's a matter of judgement and in this case the coach's judgment. To date Mary's judgement has been found wanting.

duck

Juniors
Anyone knows better than Mary. Anyone.

Objective View
Haha, lols indeed.

As of today and after 40 years, I have officially stopped supporting my beloved Dragons.

This is a sad day for the club and for most of you muppets who either support or remain ambivalent to this horror signing.

I've never given up on anything in my life until now. And I depart a broken man.

Farewell BTN, OT, grouch et al.

We, on this forum, have had some good times during these dark days.

Farewell.

Go Storm.

Straight Shooter
(the last time you'll see this iconic sign off)

lol

Old Timer

Coach
My point is that people are allowed to criticise coaches, players, governments whatever but they shouldn't necessarily think that they know better than them.
Its very easy to criticise others. Its like people calling McGregor a drunk for going low range DUI. The same people probably spend most nights in a pub...
Crush
No good of criticising anything unless you have a better option in your own opinion and of course to do that you have to think you know more than them otherwise it is pointless to criticise.
For instance in here I try to give sound reasoning as to why I think like I do.
Some times in doing that the posts get long winded but I believe that is sometimes required due to the initial criticism.
Others come along and dismiss it in a sentence or two but often never give a valid reason IMO for their own criticism.
If someone doesn't vote in the election, then I think to some point they forego the right of criticism but if you exercise your democratic right and don't like what happens then you are entitled to criticise.
If you follow St GI and give devotion to that and you are not happy and you can see what you believe to be a better way, then you are perfectly entitled to criticise, exactly as those that believe in all things club are entitled to applaud it.
The difference comes in if you are able to clearly justify that position and unfortunately on both sides of all debates there are critics who never justify anything and just dismiss it for the sake of it.

True_Believer

Juniors
My point is that people are allowed to criticise coaches, players, governments whatever but they shouldn't necessarily think that they know better than them.
Its very easy to criticise others. Its like people calling McGregor a drunk for going low range DUI. The same people probably spend most nights in a pub...

Crush, this could be true for many of the arguments on this forum. Another example is some of those that complain about the nepotism in the club and promotions within are probably the same ones who are currently or have at some stage been part of the boys club in their own business - promoted due to age or because they know management. Alternatively they are management perpetuating a similar scenario. It's generally how forums work. Anonymity gives people a sense of entitlement and superiority.

True_Believer

Juniors
The problem here is not the payer, not the coach it's Millward. He openly stated during negotiations with Dugan that Field was our fullback for 2018. Field is not ready and still should be playing NYC. He has had a few bad games in reserve grade playing at 6 most probably because his body is feeling the punishment.

No doubt Millward has said some pretty stupid stuff. As far a Field goes, I think he's OK in reserve grade. The bad games are part of the character building while at the same time giving him time to adjust to the higher grades. I really can't see him being the fullback next year.

possm

Coach
Crush, this could be true for many of the arguments on this forum. Another example is some of those that complain about the nepotism in the club and promotions within are probably the same ones who are currently or have at some stage been part of the boys club in their own business - promoted due to age or because they know management. Alternatively they are management perpetuating a similar scenario. It's generally how forums work. Anonymity gives people a sense of entitlement and superiority.

Apologist grabbing at straws!

I'd say that most people would not be involved in a similar way. I know I have never been.

The damage is done and we the fans have to put up with crap for the foreseeable future.

True_Believer

Juniors
Apologist grabbing at straws!

I'd say that most people would not be involved in a similar way. I know I have never been.

The damage is done and we the fans have to put up with crap for the foreseeable future.

I think you missed the point possm.

Old Timer

Coach
After 30 years of hard slog and answering to higjlybenwuiringbsharrhokders on a bi monthly basis for that entire time I can assure you there was no nepotism in my working life and TBH it normally finds its home in private family owned business.'
One would think looking at our club that it is a family owned and run business' easily validated by the bums that consistently sit in the seats.
Anyone who thinks to the contrary is deluding themselves
Last but not least regardless of whether nepotism is rampant in other places it does not provide justification for it happening in our club.
PS:The constitution has also been amended to accomodate a lack of scrutiny due to honerous membership voting clauses.

True_Believer

Juniors
You maybe right, sometimes age does that. Please point it out and I will be happy to apologies.

The example I gave was simply to say that you could apply similar examples to anybody's argument in here. People who support the board may have financial links to the club, could be getting kick backs etc. Could be related.

I'm pretty much saying that on a forum, you never know someone's background and you can't make assumptions. A forum is a place of anonymity and anonymity gives people a sense of entitlement and superiority that they can hide behind to mask who they really are. Unfortunately every forum is exactly the same and you have to be able to deal with it the best you can.

grouch

First Grade
Says the anonymous poster in a rather superior-like manner.

The hypocrisies you're working hard to conjure up here don't make the 'Boys Club' point any less valid. That's generally how forums work too.

possm

Coach
The example I gave was simply to say that you could apply similar examples to anybody's argument in here. People who support the board may have financial links to the club, could be getting kick backs etc. Could be related.

I'm pretty much saying that on a forum, you never know someone's background and you can't make assumptions. A forum is a place of anonymity and anonymity gives people a sense of entitlement and superiority that they can hide behind to mask who they really are. Unfortunately every forum is exactly the same and you have to be able to deal with it the best you can.
I see your point. On this forum I think we have to make the assumption that we members are fans/members of the Club and the great majority have little to do with the running of the club but are very concerned with the success of the Club.

I would be very surprised if some members on here were holding a point of view in favour of Club officials because they have a financial interest or something to gain from putting forward their comments.

True_Believer

Juniors
Says the anonymous poster in a rather superior-like manner.

The hypocrisies you're working hard to conjure up here don't make the 'Boys Club' point any less valid. That's generally how forums work too.

??

As I have clarified with possm, it's simply pointless trying to assume anything about anyone in a forum. You don't know me, I don't know you. The points may be valid - I haven't denied any of them, but assuming/accusing people of being related, linked to the club, drunks, members of boys clubs etc. defeats the purpose of having constructive conversations about the points in question.

Who gives a rats arse if some one on the forum is related to some one within the club.

If thats what the usual suspects have to hold over people and they know who they are i can only laugh at them.

True_Believer

Juniors
I see your point. On this forum I think we have to make the assumption that we members are fans/members of the Club and the great majority have little to do with the running of the club but are very concerned with the success of the Club.

I would be very surprised if some members on here were holding a point of view in favour of Club officials because they have a financial interest or something to gain from putting forward their comments.

Yeah, most on here are fans/members who want to see the team do well.

True_Believer

Juniors
OT, I really don't think we have much to complain about with Host and Sele. Both have been given a fair bit of game time and both have also show a little bit of set back. I really Mary is not far off the mark with these two.

In the backs I certainly think we should do more and the persistence with McCrone after the recent performances is baffling. McCrone probably looked better as a result of our forwards being more dominant and now we need plan B. Plan B should not include McCrone except on the bench. I agree with the view that Simms has not provided what we should expect, he could do with a jolt in NSW Cup.

I would love us to try Mann at the back or in the halves too with Dugan at right centre, while also swapping the wingers around. We need to try something now.

Yep - plan B in the backs is what we don't have. I do think Mann is worth a go in the halves or at FB again. Would be good to see how the combination with Widdop turns out.

Swapping the wingers around is a good idea and worth a shot. Although I'm not convinced McDonald should be in the side at all at this stage.

epDragon62

First Grade
Agree.
Doesn't mean he can or should coach at nrl level though.

Rugby league can be played at an exceptional level with excellent physical attributes and not so many smarts. Spatial awareness does not equal smart and some players obviously have this and it is part of what is often described as "vision".

Very smart players can also excel with reasonable physical prowess.

Being smart does not guarantee success, nor does excellent physical ability.

Bennett and Bellamy have smarts in many aspects, including man-management and tactics. Mary does not appear to have the real smarts despite being a very good player. I doubt that he will ever learn enough to be a top-shelf coach.

Latest posts