1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Milne

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Wittenberg, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

Despite our coach sitting hidden behind our "successful loss" I was really pleased by Milne last night. He got right under both Josh and Brett Morris' skin. He roughed them up and had them looking for him coming when they had the ball. I noticed once they both pushed at his face when he was on the ground and he got up smiling. Way to go boy. Smash, niggle and power ahead. A good one who with Aitken will form one tough pairing in the years ahead. It's ok Brett we will tell him you are too important now to be roughed up :)

2. Dea

Dea Juniors

Milne is a little light in a dark season. He and Aitkin could become another top level centre pairing for the Dragons.

3. Blood Shot Eyes

Blood Shot Eyes Bench

SShhh Mary might hear you...we have enough bench warmers

4. Alec's-saints

Alec's-saints Juniors

Milne cost us the first try.

5. BringTheNoise

BringTheNoise Juniors

He's a good mixture of skill and aggression. His last couple of games has got me perplexed as to why Mary persisted with Lafai for so long before giving this kid a crack? Finally we have a genuine game breaker in the 17.

hazzbeen and Country Dragon like this.
  6. Forster Dragon

Forster Dragon Juniors

This art of the reason MCGregor is shit.Lafai has played crap all year and this kid got his chance via the dumb coach having no options left.

7. Minh

Minh First Grade

This kid is a good player has speed and skill. On another note how good is Kurt Mann going, he is a shining light and our backs are taking much better shape now. We should build towards next year.

8. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

That's to be expected when you blood young guys. IMHO he has more upside than Lafai.

BringTheNoise and Country Dragon like this.
  9. dragonssamy61

dragonssamy61 First Grade

Minh with that sort of thinking you will go far

Minh likes this.
  10. drago brelli

drago brelli Bench

Really like this bloke, he's only 21. He can tackle and is aggressive. He will only get better. Mann is starting to find his way in first grade. Good player.

11. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

So did Aitken last week.

Country Dragon likes this.
  12. Dragons 09

Dragons 09 Juniors

To be honest, when i see them play in the lower grades, Jacob Host looks more ready for the top grade than does Milne and yet someone glued his ass to the bench last night.........can't get my head around that decision.. Notwithstanding, Milne has a bright future and we just have to stick solid with him now for the rest of the season. He definitely has a mistake in him, particularly in defense, but NRL standard game time will over come that. He also looks like he might have a brain snap or 2 in him as well, so i hope his mentors are keeping an eye on that. If we do the right thing with him, i think he can become an elite level player that we get a decade or more of top class footy out of.

Country Dragon likes this.
  13. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Can you please provide a list of all the others who have cost us tries this season?

Milne may have erred in a defensive read but he will be all the better for it and I wish anybody with Benji on their side of the paddock lots of luck in not conceding tries as Benji is an absolute liability when he has a brain snap and comes up out of the line or starts crabbing backwards opening up holes.

14. Dragonscales

Dragonscales Juniors

Milne has to prove to the fans and the Dragons that he is a legitimate first grader in the next 5 games. We need to know if we can go with an Aitken and Milne centre pairing and contest for the premiership.

It's looking that way.

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  15. Jubileeboy

Jubileeboy First Grade

Vagilevsky would vehemently refute this.
    I agree with you though. Always said Mann had the goods

Dragsters, dragonssamy61 and Minh like this.
  16. SaintPauli

SaintPauli Juniors

Our centre's are our shining light and should be looked at as long term clubmen. They tick most box's for first graders.
    I would be signing Milne and Aitkin to an extended contract. I believe Milnes contract expires 2017. We have got to look out for the vulters.

Both Tim Lafai and Mitch Rein should be released. It's these necessary but tough decisions that the successful clubs as Melbourne and Cowboys do and remain long term top 4 teams.

17. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

Milne is an 'unpolished diamond' in a season with very few bright spots.

He has a presence that says 'first grade' all over him.

With adequate coaching, the sky's the limit for this kid. Hopefully, he has a long and productive career at the Dragons.

Dragsters, dragonssamy61 and Minh like this.
  18. RED73V

RED73V Juniors

There haven't been to many exciting times of late for us Dragons fans . The emergence of Milne one of the exceptions.... Most forum members have been calling for his inclusion most of this season instead of the tin man . Mcgregor needs his head read (one of many poor decisions he has made). Can't wait to see the end of his rein. Mind the pun ;)

19. emu62

emu62 Juniors

Totally agree but here is where the problem lies " with adequate coaching"

20. dragon thomo

dragon thomo Juniors

People are saying milne made a bad read for dogs first try which is half right . What he tried to do was put a hit on and the ball bounced off him, something he will learn over time. A real talent in which the club need to hold onto long term with attkin.

St Tangles and dragonssamy61 like this.