What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Milton Keynes v Man U (League Cup)

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Spot on Mong. Suarez was and is a merkin and so is Costa. Costs is the new Suarez, bagging plenty of goals but also being a merkin.

Both have great talent that lets their own set of supporters allow them to be pricks.

Haffa

I agree. They're both got some merkin in them and polarise opinions accordingly.

I never had an issue with the charge, felt he was lucky to stay on the pitch. The FA's inconsistencies are the issue. Aguero dives in two footed and gets nothing, Toure knees a guy in the back and thats fine, Cole on Hutton no charge, Gerrard lashed with an elbow out on ferdinand no charge, Rooney swear 2 weeks, Costa steps on a guy automatic 3 weeks.

Big Sam

First Grade
This discussion shouldn't be happening. Neither should be defended.

I wasn't defending Suarez.

I was questioning actions on a pitch and the disproportionate suspensions they receive. Whilst a bite is shocking and primitive, it has no consequences regarding the victim's career. Targeting the legs of an opponent (be it through a two-footer or a stomp) and the head (through an eye gouge or an elbow to the head) can cause irreparable damage to a player.

The game as a whole does not do enough to stamp out (pun intended) dangerous and potentially career-ending incidents.

Haffa

Bullshit. Biting should be punished just the same. Neither have a place in the game. If they're serious about stamping this stuff out. But they pick and choose who gets charged and why.

If he got a yellow for it on the pitch, there wouldn't even be a charge.

saint.nick

Coach
They're both just as despicable as each other, but in their own way. Biting only grabs more headlines because it's very unusual and yet funny at the same time

Mong

Post Whore
Was anyone else actually up and furiously refreshing their screen waiting for the news like jimmy?

Lol..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Can you blame him ?

Imagine if Jose was in the same situation, it would be front page news.

Do you think 2 and half days is fair ?

Latest posts