What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini signs new deal

Valheru

Coach
This is great news for the club. Some have been critics of Mini lately but on form he thoroughly deserves another year.

Whilst we are in this period of signing/developing young players Mini provides the perfect experience to mentor them, he should be captain next year IMO. I like that the club is only going to give him 1 year deals, it gives us options if/when his form deteriorates and it gives him incentive to play well. Who knows, maybe another extension for 2014 and we could be celebrating 300 games for mini in the blue red and white.

I hope this is just Mini staying on and RTS is gradually promoted.

Funny how Mini played well and Anasta has played like dog shit when both were pretty much told to earn their keep. Mini is Easts through and through, a modern day legend who will be spoken about with Brown, Stehr, Beetson, Hastings etc...

Just to clarify, in his millionth year for the club, his pay doesn't count towards the salary cap yeah? If so, this is good news.

That's only $100k all up for all veteran players iirc not each (or whatever the sum is, it's not much) and Perrett is eligible as well so I'd say it's split between them.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Fantastic news

Great club man and long may he stay at the club in some capacity after his playing days.

Good decision.
He's playing fine. Hasn't dropped so far that he's a liability. Played soo last year so still in good touch.

Would have been a shame to see him forced out to England or another club.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I'm happy..

I'm glad the club rewarded Mini's good recent form with an extension..And year to year deals are Mini's reality now he is getting closer to the end than the start..

I can breathe easy now that i won't have to see such a legend of the club run around in an opposition jersey..

Go Mini..

Go Easts..

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Go to love a one club man, especially when he is rep quaility too.

Love the Mini.

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
I hope this is just Mini staying on and RTS is gradually promoted.

Funny how Mini played well and Anasta has played like dog shit when both were pretty much told to earn their keep. Mini is Easts through and through, a modern day legend who will be spoken about with Brown, Stehr, Beetson, Hastings etc...

This !!!!!

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
I'm happy..

I'm glad the club rewarded Mini's good recent form with an extension..And year to year deals are Mini's reality now he is getting closer to the end than the start..

I can breathe easy now that i won't have to see such a legend of the club run around in an opposition jersey..

Go Mini..

Go Easts..

And this!!!

Kudos to Russell & Mr Angry - very classy.

Monk

Referee
Very happy for him to stay at the club. So long as he keeps playing well.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
As if he wasn't gonna put in. So stoked he signed on for another year. Hopefully RTS keeps progressing like he is and maybe sometime next year give him a taste with mini on a wing.

_addict

Juniors
Mini's been a great servant of your club and I'm pleased to see him still playing well. The extra year will hopefully be a win-win for you guys as RTS needs time.

Just on RTS, as an outside observer, I think he's one of the hottest prospects going. He's good great skills, you've done well to sign him.