What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minor NRL tediums

Campion

Juniors
I created a threat for minor NRL tediums. I have 2:

1) Most teams are shortened to their mascott, e.g., Penrith Panthers become 'Panthers', Melbourne Storm becomes 'Storm' (see image from NRL.com below). Yet, for some reason, Wests Tigers remain as 'West Tigers', instead of becoming 'Tigers'. This is not acceptable.
upload_2020-7-22_12-10-54.png

2) Team territory is not contiguous. See below that the 2 Tigers Sydney locations are not next to each other. Also, Sharks territory disrupts Illawara and St George territory such that they are not contiguous.
upload_2020-7-22_12-13-14.png

magpie_man

Juniors
You can't start a thread about tedious NRL disaccordances without mentioning the most obvious one in the non-contiguous Wests Tigers teetering at 7th on that ladder.

blue bags

First Grade
manly are sea eagles, not manly, get that through you're thick skulls,
when will you ever learn
eagles , we all know

Perth Tiger

Bench
Have I missed out on some sort of Tigers success that has caused all the peanuts to come out and try and complain?

hrundi99

First Grade
Wests Tigers are Wests Tigers due to the JV agreement. The Magpies folk don't like them being referred to as Tigers alone. Hence both names.

Fangs

Coach
Wests Tigers are Wests Tigers due to the JV agreement. The Magpies folk don't like them being referred to as Tigers alone. Hence both names.

I'm sorry but that is too confusing. If we want new fans then we need to modernise.

Goodbye, Magpie.

siv

First Grade
Arnt clubs just

The hated
Rorters
Cheats
Cheats #2
Rejects
Steelers
Bankrupts
Desperados