What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minor Premiers 3rd or 4th favourites to win it?

Danny-Boy

Juniors
When was the last time the minor premiers were 3rd or 4th favourites to win the comp? Looks like it will happen with Canterbury and I can't remember it ever happening before.

mongoose

Coach
IMO It's:

1. Manly
2. Storm
3. Cowboys
4. Bulldogs
5. Rabbitohs

Can't see Dogs winning a premiership with Keating at halfback.

You'd probably have to go back to 2003 when Penrith won the MP but the Roosters and Bulldogs were probably more fancied to win the comp.

Ulysseus

Bench
When Saints were minor premiers in 2010 there were a couple of select f**kheads who said the other 7 teams in the top 8 had a better chance.............

One is still a complete toolbox.

eozsmiles

Bench
I can't remember the minor premiers getting pumped by 30 in round 25 by a middle of the pack sort of team. I would rather have momentum than be under the radar.

LESStar58

Referee
don't be fooled by last night. Dogs and Manly are the rightful favorites and my most likely GF match up....although would prefer Storm vs. Dogs.

Lowdown

Juniors
Dogs tanked...we all know it. They just released the pressure valve and will be back to their best next week.

the dude

Juniors
Getting a spot in the top 4 is huge, I think we will follow the patterns in the AFL with the top 4 being the 4 teams playing in the prelim finals. At the moment I'd go

1. Storm
2. Manly
3. Dogs/Cowboys can't split them
5. Souths

Rabbitude

Juniors
Manly are the favourites with the Bulldogs not far behind.

Let's not forget that Des Hasler knows the Manly players strengths and weaknesses and is the most likely coach to come up with the game plan to beat them.

dogslife

Coach
Manly are the favourites with the Bulldogs not far behind.

Let's not forget that Des Hasler knows the Manly players strengths and weaknesses and is the most likely coach to come up with the game plan to beat them.
He already has. People seem to think we were beating up on the genius sides for 3 months, and keep forgetting that we can play against the best sides. I'm happy though, under the radar and all that

firechild

First Grade
I'd put my hose on the fact Des came up with the play where Whare throws the ball to Barba 2m from the tryline. :sarcasm:

natheel

Coach
He already has. People seem to think we were beating up on the genius sides for 3 months, and keep forgetting that we can play against the best sides. I'm happy though, under the radar and all that

Minor premiers under the radar? Yeh ok

Regular season is different to finals!