What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minor premiers.

Who will be minor premiers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wittyfan

Referee
Who will win it now with the Roosters faltering in the run into the finals?

I think Souffs.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Faltering?

Was our first loss in 9 weeks.

Had to happen.

That second half was the start of our Premiership run.

It was actually 4 tries all.

5-4 to us if we include that farcical "no try" call.

Billythekid

First Grade
How are the roosters faltering? They had won 9 games straight before this week. In the last 6 weeks souths have lost 3 games, 2 against teams outside the 8. 2 of their wins were really close contests against manly and the dogs.

I wouldn't write either team off but surely the roosters are the ones who have been coming home stronger.

DC_fan

Coach
The Roosters bubble has burst. Souths for minor premiers.

But to be honest is there any benefit in finishing 1st over 2nd?

Billythekid

First Grade
The Roosters bubble has burst. Souths for minor premiers.

But to be honest is there any benefit in finishing 1st over 2nd?

Either way you get a home game and it's a flip of the coin whether you get to face the storm or manly (comes down to this weeks game most likely).

Otherwise it's just the money, trophy and perhaps confidence from winning the minor premiership.

DC_fan

Coach
But who remembers who won the minor premiership?

It's all about winning the grand final/premiership.

Outside of a trophy/money their is no real benefit in coming 1st over 2nd.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'd like to see us win it obviously to get one over the Roosters, be able to play against Manly compared to Melbourne, and to force the Roosters to play the Storm :D

Danny-Boy

Juniors
f**k it's like Alien vs Predator...whoever wins, RL fans lose.

That's a lie. Everybody hates Souffs. Go the chooks.

the dude

Juniors
If Manly beat Melbourne this week they could easily finish 3rd. They need to make up a 21 point differential at the same time.

So let's say they beat Melbourne by 6, they would have to beat the Panthers by 10 more points than the Storm beat the Titans by in round 26. Possible but unlikely.

I'd rather avoid Melbourne. Because if you win week 1, and the Storm win their week 1 game, you won't face them until the grand final if you get there.

the dude

Juniors
Or,

Storm beat Manly by 30 this week. Souths lose to Tigers and Roosters lose to Titans by 10 each.

Roosters and Souths draw in round 26, Storm beat Titans by 36.

Storm finish 1st.