What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Barnett

Benek

Juniors
Can we buy some centres and wingers please.

I know Walker may take a centre spot next year (maybe he's our new Hiku?), but Arthars will be gone (unless we find a way to extend him). We are going to be so lacking on the edges!

Grizzman

Juniors
I may be in a minority here but I've admired this guy as a player for a while. I think he's exactly the kind of backrower we need . He offers a point of difference to the ones we've got who do have a sameness about them. He's tough, uncompromising and has some ball skills as well. He's also a decent goal kicker.

So now we start looking for a centre?

JJ

Immortal
I think he’s quality, him Harris and Curran look solid, but it’s the one spot we already have depth in so a bit weird imo

obviously one of Brown’s boys at Newcastle

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I actually feel like tohu might be moulded as a prop (Lodge replacement) post ACL. Tough to regain the same mobility in the latter stages of your career coming off a serious knee injury.

I have a feeling the side will look something like

8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Tohu
11. Barnett
12. Niukore
13. Curran
14. Katoa/Sironen/Jazz
15. Pene
16. Bunty
17. Utility/Jazz

Leber

Bench
Dean Ieremia (Melbourne winger) is off contract. Throw a few dollars at him and see what happens.

Corey oats? Might be past it. Slim pickings atm with an extra team pillaging to off contract players.

Benek

Juniors
You’ll be crazy to put Walker back in the centre’s rather than what he is doing now
Would agree except we’re so desperate for better players on the edges. I can’t see how he doesn’t play centre unless we sign another centre before then.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Probably a case of “let’s sign whoever says yes” to us and worry about positions later.
Has often been the case in the past. I would hope in 2022 it wouldn't be.

Niukore must be being seen as a centre then?

Or they know Sironen is staying in Australia
He has to be a centre, that's such a problematic spot for us that we need to put quality there.

I'm not going to give up on Rocco Berry. He's being exposed now but there's a smart footballer in there who needs NRL experience (and actually, league experience as a whole) to become what he is capable of being.

You’ll be crazy to put Walker back in the centre’s rather than what he is doing now
What's the role he's playing now? I see he's in 14, how many minutes and what role does he play?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Has often been the case in the past. I would hope in 2022 it wouldn't be.

He has to be a centre, that's such a problematic spot for us that we need to put quality there.

I'm not going to give up on Rocco Berry. He's being exposed now but there's a smart footballer in there who needs NRL experience (and actually, league experience as a whole) to become what he is capable of being.

What's the role he's playing now? I see he's in 14, how many minutes and what role does he play?
He comes on replacing a front rower around the 20-25min mark for the remainder of the game and plays a ball playing lock forward role in the middle of the park, tests the tiring defence out and has the ball skills to put players through holes. Hasn’t played centre for Manly for a couple of seasons now with Parker and Harper preferred because Walker struggled defensively

talk was he wasn’t overly enthused by the new role so that’s why he looked around for a new home but in the modern game I think he has found his niche in the utility role, much better than what Jazz currently offers

I wasn’t upset to lose him because he has been a bit of a liability off the park, but he is playing very very well the last 12 months and by all accounts is a very popular squad member