What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Brown

How good was Mitch Brown today,super effort i have always rated this guy.Runs hard can be a bit iffy under the high but a much better proposition than Ryan at the back.Hope he gets the start in the number 1 next week even if WM is back.

tigerzai

Juniors
good call but seriously if wm is fit i'd have to play him ahead of brown even with the lack of speed

would consider brown ahead of beau even with his much improved game tonight

Benji Magic

Juniors
Watching the game live he looked very solid at the back, looks a strong runner of the ball.
Would be unlucky not to be in the 17 next week after a game like that.

I can't say I rated him at all when we signed him, I thought he was a plodder at the Sharks. Maybe over the next few years he can really develop.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
He was nothing short of outstanding. Was faultless. Positionally, he was perfect, only tested once with the high ball and was perfect, runs hard and straight, breaks tackles, breaks the line, always looking to get involved.

Only his second game by my count at the back and broken the line cleanly twice already. Can't count one yet from Wade...

McKinnon will have to cool his heels. Beau was first class today. McKinnon has just been steady for us so far.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Great game, we have never had someone at fullback who hits the line that hard from kick returns.

How refreshing is it to start a set on the 30 rather than the 10.

N.C.

Juniors
He was nothing short of outstanding. Was faultless. Positionally, he was perfect, only tested once with the high ball and was perfect, runs hard and straight, breaks tackles, breaks the line, always looking to get involved.

Only his second game by my count at the back and broken the line cleanly twice already. Can't count one yet from Wade...

McKinnon will have to cool his heels. Beau was first class today. McKinnon has just been steady for us so far.
Wade's line breaks come from his support play... But he gets run down by slow hack cat second rowers a little too easily.

Mitch had a blinder.

Typical Tigers haha.

Early on in the season, rather than try someone who's prefered position is fullback there, he played Ryan (although he went well), then Lazarus (who should've been playing half) then Fitzhenry all before Brown. Then we decide to sign up McKinnon long term after playing 3 games and missing 4 via a long term injury.

MacDougall

First Grade

McKinnon, in the handful of games he played, has been very good for the Tigers and only really made that one mistake. He has made quite a few linebreaks too.

Brown was great though. I wouldn't be averse to seeing either of them at fullback.

Balnmo

Juniors
personally I would make another change to the fullback positon and put Lote back there and move Mitch Brown to the wing. Do it now 3 weeks before the finals starts to get him settled. I have been a big critic of Lote under the high ball and putting him back at fullback probably seems hypocritical on my part but here are my reason.
1. On the wing Lote only has Chris Lawrence inside him giving him protection or support.
2. At fullback I believe having the extra forwards blocking the runners paths and adding protecton gives Lote more time to set himself up for the highball.
3. At fullback this gives Lote more room to move and inject himself into the game at various stages using his size and speed to create havoc. Imagine Lote running of a Benji or Farrah inside ball 20Mtrs out from the line.
4.Mitch Brown has proven himself on the wing, winning us a couple of games this year in the dying stages.

food for thought Tigers Fans

super_coach

First Grade
If fit McKinnon has to get the no1 gig, Brown was good but as the stakes get higher you want a pro at the back. Their must be mounting pressure on Aysford, although not playing badly dose he offer more than Daniela and Brown ???

Balnmo you cant be serious?Mitch Brown had an absolute belter yesterday & thoroughly deserves another opportunity imo.When Mitch plays on the wing more often than not Ayshord has him hemmed up against the touchline with no other option but to come back in field,nullyfying the attacking ability that Mitch possesses.His performance yesterday was as good as any other players efforts so far this year & is demanding of a start once again in the number 1

gronkathon

First Grade
Brown should replace Ryan as he is stronger, just as quick and better under the high ball and on returning the ball

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Brown should replace Ryan as he is stronger, just as quick and better under the high ball and on returning the ball

Tend to agree with this, Ryan should be under real pressure to hold his spot. He was good yesterday (nice take on that bomb in the first half too) but still runs sideways far too often.

mitch was unlucky at the sharks.

got injured. wasnt in favour with stuart. he's a solid fg player.

he had a good game down in canberra early in the year and again yesterday showed what he can do.

hope he continues his good form

wade77

Juniors
Brown played well yesterday no denying that, but hold on a bit that was the first game he has ever played like that and how many chances did Walsh get attacking at the line with his kicks. Wait until he is actually tested before people start calling for him to be McKinnon's replacement. In saying that I think he's crap and not a first grader.

N.C.

Juniors
It wasn't just his positioning. He made some pretty neat runs back into the line as well.

To Wade 77, a player that is crap and not a first grader would find it impossible to perform as Mitch did yesterday.Give credit where credits due