What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein gone

southslavia

Juniors
According to twitter, Mitch Rein is being released. Anyone have some leads?

Maybe clearing the cap? I think he's on big coin and maybe not worth it...? Below I have attached Josh Massoud's tweet

@josh_massoud - "Tonight on @7NewsSydney: @NRL_Dragons start talks to offload hooker Mitch Rein. Chasing @SSFCRABBITOHS understudy Cameron McInnes. @7Sport"

BennyV

Referee
Yes, he's on big coin.
Yes, he's not worth what he's being paid.
No, he is not 'gone' yet.

God-King Dean

Immortal
please-cross-fingers-o.gif

nrlnrl

First Grade
Cameron McInnes to Dragons, but think that'll be for 2016. Rein signed a 3 year extension in 2013.

This will have the Rein bash bandwagoners in a full blown cicrle jerk.

If they let him go to sign a Ballin or Luke I'd be very happy but they'll end up with a Buttris they do like taking alot of Raiders rejects.

nrlnrl

First Grade
This will have the Rein bash bandwagoners in a full blown cicrle jerk.

If they let him go to sign a Ballin or Luke I'd be very happy but they'll end up with a Buttris they do like taking alot of Raiders rejects.

Ballin just re-signed with Manly for 2 years, but I think everyone will be happy with the replacement for Rein

I know he has but I am sure as hell not pinning any hopes on the Dragons signing anyone of note.

Mulholland if he does land some one will be doing well but if the rumours are true Mary and Doust are the ones actually doing the recruiting.

saintjeff

Juniors
Rein gets hassled alot but can only be on if the forwards go hard which they dont always do.
After another rake who is not the first choice for his team.

Last edited:

southslavia

Juniors
To be fair to Rein, his last two games weren't half bad. He looks quite dangerous from dummy half and seems faster than he ever has been, his passing on the other hand not so much.

I think they are doing some salary cap damage control, bringing in McIness might provide that so we can retain players or perhaps bring some in

dungay dragon

Juniors
McInnes looks a top prospect and would be a cracking addition to the Red V.
Has Rein asked for a release or are the Dragons keen to off load him ?

Hasn't signed and chances are he'd rather stay said so himself but Souffs fans said if he goes they won't blame him.

Twenty10

Juniors
I know he has but I am sure as hell not pinning any hopes on the Dragons signing anyone of note.

Mulholland if he does land some one will be doing well but if the rumours are true Mary and Doust are the ones actually doing the recruiting.

Not true. Mullholland was recruited to recruit. He's managing the roster.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Hasn't signed and chances are he'd rather stay said so himself but Souffs fans said if he goes they won't blame him.

Tough decision - stay as a bench player with the defending premiers who look to be well prepared to be a contender for a few more years or go to a side undergoing a massive rebuilding phase as a starter.

TheRev

Coach
Tough decision - stay as a bench player with the defending premiers who look to be well prepared to be a contender for a few more years or go to a side undergoing a massive rebuilding phase as a starter.
Yar I mean Luke could break his leg tomorrow and he will be straight into the souths side.. but he will get probably double, triple or more from us in a salary. and yeah a permanent 1st grade spot.