What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein needs to go

Garvey has to oust Pumipi first and he is struggling to do that a good reason why Pumipi has been considered for first grade he's a smart player, good defender and a good passing game.

hardbaby

Coach
Koroisa is the one we should have signed. Brilliant young player stuck behind Luke. But he is off to the Panthers to play behind Segeyaro and he will never oust Segeyaro. No coincidence the Panthers are unbeaten when Seggers plays 80 minutes. But no, our coaches seem firmly convinced that Rein is a champion. You never see Koroisa get pushed out the back of a tackle. He makes the tackle, dominates and is first marker. Every time.

gonz

Juniors
Koroisa is the one we should have signed. Brilliant young player stuck behind Luke. But he is off to the Panthers to play behind Segeyaro and he will never oust Segeyaro. No coincidence the Panthers are unbeaten when Seggers plays 80 minutes. But no, our coaches seem firmly convinced that Rein is a champion. You never see Koroisa get pushed out the back of a tackle. He makes the tackle, dominates and is first marker. Every time.

Well said

Coach needs to be sorted out first before anything else no player is going to sign for a club that hasn't decided who that might be.

Its funny though alot of players this year have been poor yet one or two are singled out.

Mr Red

First Grade
Its funny though alot of players this year have been poor yet one or two are singled out.

I think more then 1 or 2 have been singled out as you say.....I think you're only seeing what you want to see..
Rein
Hunt
Stockwell
Green
Marshall
Witt
Williams
Creagh
Thompson
Ah mau
Harrison

Just to name a few have all had numerous threads or posts written about them due to their poor form ...

hardbaby

Coach
Look at the performance of the young Broncos today. Most of their Origin stars only played 40 minutes or so. It was the young guys that starred. The Panthers were the same on Saturday. How good are guys like Peachey, Seggers, Cartwright, Moylan etc. The Rabbits, Roosters, Eels etc. There are heaps of clubs showcasing brilliant young talent. But not us.

I laugh when people rave over guys like Stockwell, JDB, Runciman and Quinlan. Those blokes are solid players with potential. But they are nowhere near the level of many of their contemporaries. Our talent identification, recruitment and coaching are the laughing stock of the league.

Thank God our U20s finally look good. I really hope we can work out which ones to keep and help them reach their potential.

pinkmoon

Juniors
I laugh when people rave over guys like Stockwell, JDB, Runciman and Quinlan. Those blokes are solid players with potential. But they are nowhere near the level of many of their contemporaries. Our talent identification, recruitment and coaching are the laughing stock of the league.

I've noticed this is a forum thing Hardbaby; the wider rugby league community do not really rate or register a thought to these fringe players, but because we sit around and discuss the entire squad at length, these guys become house hold names (in our minds), as we bank on them for our future success.

I don't mind the four guys you've mentioned, and think they could be much better players in a well drilled side, but yes, they are not super stars in the making, more good honest first graders.

BennyV

Referee
To be fair, Joey Johns mentioned Stockwell as a future state of origin player several times last year, and there are a lot of peopls who rate JDB highly.

We dont rate those guys just because they are Dragons juniors, we rate them because of their achievement coming through the grades. Its the same reason people bang on about Kyle Stanley too. All JDB, Stockwell and Runciman need are a decent mentor and a coaching staff who gives them a real chance and nurtures/teaches them how to be first grade footballers. None of them have had that yet except for JDB who I believe got a run with Bennett. Same can be said for Friz, Dugan, plenty of others.

Quinlan, still not sure. I want him to be a star as he is a tough, likeable young lad, but I dont think hes got it to he a star, particularly with Dugan, Widdop and Marshall around (moving Dugan to accommodate him is idiotic)...at best, I think he can have a long, successful career as a bench utility for us.

jenninga

First Grade
He is a lock and not a hooker so we don't need him, but you don't know a good player when you see one; he has been super for Manly this year. High work rate, footwork, speed, ball skills, and one of the best hole runners in the game.

Probably right,as he did play 10 min in his only Origin game and has never been considered since.

pinkmoon

Juniors
Probably right,as he did play 10 min in his only Origin game and has never been considered since.

That's the only argument anyone ever has when Buhrer is mentioned. Are you saying that the only players worthy of any championing are seasoned Origin players? You goose.

giboz71

First Grade
Look at the performance of the young Broncos today. Most of their Origin stars only played 40 minutes or so. It was the young guys that starred. The Panthers were the same on Saturday. How good are guys like Peachey, Seggers, Cartwright, Moylan etc. The Rabbits, Roosters, Eels etc. There are heaps of clubs showcasing brilliant young talent. But not us.

Thank God our U20s finally look good. I really hope we can work out which ones to keep and help them reach their potential.

I've been saying this for a while now. Since the Morris boys and Merrin, none of our juniors have made an impact at all. I remember the early 2000's when we debuted Gasnier, Cooper, Ryles, Bailey, Hornby, Young, Creagh, then the Morris boys. All of these guys became test players. We were always known for an outstanding junior nursery and it was always an excuse why we never chased stars like the Roosters.

Stanley, De Belin, Stockwell and King before he left haven't kicked on at all. Whether or not this has something to do with the current adminstration and how they have been managed, or perhaps we are just hopeless at identifying talent?? Hard to say. Of course injuries haven't helped.

Agree tho....clubs like the Broncos, Panthers, Roosters, Eels seem to trot out their juniors and most of them go well. Sad state of affairs when we can't say the same given our history.

pinkmoon

Juniors
I've been saying this for a while now. Since the Morris boys and Merrin, none of our juniors have made an impact at all. I remember the early 2000's when we debuted Gasnier, Cooper, Ryles, Bailey, Hornby, Young, Creagh, then the Morris boys. All of these guys became test players. We were always known for an outstanding junior nursery and it was always an excuse why we never chased stars like the Roosters.

Stanley, De Belin, Stockwell and King before he left haven't kicked on at all. Whether or not this has something to do with the current adminstration and how they have been managed, or perhaps we are just hopeless at identifying talent?? Hard to say. Of course injuries haven't helped.

Agree tho....clubs like the Broncos, Panthers, Roosters, Eels seem to trot out their juniors and most of them go well. Sad state of affairs when we can't say the same given our history.

I think it's because of the coaching.

There is no lack of talent in the current crop of young first graders, but they are coming into a team that is poorly organised, and their roles are changing every week.

giboz71

First Grade
I think it's because of the coaching.

There is no lack of talent in the current crop of young first graders, but they are coming into a team that is poorly organised, and their roles are changing every week.

It very well may be...and it was my biggest knock on Price and the current administration. The whole squad bar Merrin, Morris and Nightingale have been under performing the past 2.5 years and the young guys have all been part of the mediocrity.

Hopefully this changes with the change in coach.

jenninga

First Grade
That's the only argument anyone ever has when Buhrer is mentioned. Are you saying that the only players worthy of any championing are seasoned Origin players? You goose.

He is a good clubman for Manly,so what,and yes on the top of a great Manly side he was picked for Origin and sat on his arse for 70 min.

dragonreddy

Juniors
It very well may be...and it was my biggest knock on Price and the current administration. The whole squad bar Merrin, Morris and Nightingale have been under performing the past 2.5 years and the young guys have all been part of the mediocrity.

Hopefully this changes with the change in coach.

Its is going to take some time to change they have been playing below par for so long its like a chronic illness.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Why is this useless lazy hopeless player called Rein still on the filed. He is a disgrace to the great red v jersey.

Please take your bat and ball and just go away. Play park footy coached by a Steve Price coached side somewhere far far away.