What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Moses is the new Benji Marshall

Fordy20

Juniors
I'm loving his passes into the third row of the stands. It's like Benji never left. Can't wait to see him crab aimlessly across field before offloading a hospital ball to an unsuspecting forward.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think he is an absolute gun at this point and there is an obvious difference between him and Austin.

The thing I dislike most about Moses is that he has the hide to abuse his own teammates for errors of his own doing.

When he fills out a bit he'll be a decent first grader but anointing him as a future star, as some have suggested is deluded. The same goes for Brooks and Sironen. Actually, Sironen has little chance of playing 100 games other than through nepotism.

Tiger05

First Grade
Shannon Macdonnell was a gun after 3 first grade games as well apparently.

McDonnell did look great once. I see Moses though as being a real quality player. Brooks and Moses to me are both more than good enough.

I really think our outside backs are the problem especially our wingers. Our forwards also need to do a lot better.

DanOz

Juniors
Moses fed our centres quality ball last night, something not seen in a long time. I think he will combine well with Brooks - as long as our forwards can take us forward...

BalmainBoy_1969

Juniors
When he fills out a bit he'll be a decent first grader but anointing him as a future star, as some have suggested is deluded. The same goes for Brooks and Sironen. Actually, Sironen has little chance of playing 100 games other than through nepotism.

"It's far better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

BrotherJim05

Bench
Give the kid a break...he's got huge potential but needs more time developing. He will be fantastic when he's ready. Either at the start of next year or mid-next year.

What we need is decent backs to catch his passes.

Radical Rat

Juniors
You mean he'll be a golden boot and premiership winner for the Tigers? Awesome.

Moses has showed enough already to suggest he has a ton of class. Anyone with a smidgen of an eye for talent can see that.

I believe he could even develop into the more dominating playmaker over Brooks.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moses is not as bad as some are making out.

No-one bagged him prior to this last shit game by everyone.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Give the kid a break. He's young & played a handfull of first grade games. He's going to be erratic, one week he'll look like a world beater the next a numpty.

Pezz70

Juniors
Be a superstar with another year under his belt in the lower grades and 10 kgs on his frame and possibly another club, maybe Melbourne next to Cronk? These young blokes are just cannon fodder at the tiges with players around them ordinary offering them no protection whatsoever, and disharmony all over the shop.

Just hope something changes and next year is one of our best!

If Moses ends up as good as Benji I think everyone will be very happy. The guy has played a handful of games, most in a team decimated by injuries and lacking experience. He's probably a little out of his depth at the moment, but I've seen enough to suggest he can be a class player.

He'll end up far more consistent than Benji surely. I don't think club will ever see a player quite as bi-polar as Marshall ever again.

TimmyB

Juniors
It actually sucks to be a Tigers fan right now.

A lot because we are getting carved and because of all the negative off field drama etc. But a lot because of the pessimism of the fans. Some of you are absolutely insufferable. Moses may be a bust. Sironen may be a bust. Brooks may be a bust. Our injuries may be due to horrible injury management.

But at why don't you just wait and watch things evolve rather than the constant doom and gloom? I'm not asking for blind optimism. I'm asking for realism. And at this stage, a lot of you are so f**king pessimistic that you're not realistic. It's to the point where I can't even read these forums anymore.

super_coach

First Grade
Good sides have the ability to bring their young talent on slowly in a well planned progression through the grades. Bad sides are forced to throw young talent to the lions and hope they are not scared for life

Moses will be a great player but he needs some quality around him, not a bunch of plodders. I still have great hope in the Brooks Moses Tedesco combo lifting this club off the floor in a year or two. You have to have dreams

hybrid_tiger

Coach
But at why don't you just wait and watch things evolve rather than the constant doom and gloom? I'm not asking for blind optimism. I'm asking for realism. And at this stage, a lot of you are so f**king pessimistic that you're not realistic. It's to the point where I can't even read these forums anymore.

3 passable seasons in 15 years is enough to make anyone pessimistic.

TimmyB

Juniors
1 Phenomenal season and 2 fantastic seasons. We don't seem to have passable seasons. Great seasons, poor seasons, or diabolical seasons.

Latest posts