What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce - Contract Situation

Alex28

Coach
He’s not terrible, but the Tigers would be crazy to let him go now. They have absolutely nothing without him for the first half of the season.

Loose Cannon

Bench
They can keep Brooks and we’ll take Dou-e-i-e-i-o with one leg.

Better Value for 1/2 a season vs a full Brooks season (or 6).

ryana87

Juniors
Can we all just take a second and realise that the source of this Brookes rumour is the daily telegraph with an article that has no quotes from anyone within the knights

macavity

Referee
Brooks would do well here IMO - we are set up with plenty of support around him and a decent pack.

would need to get the Tigers to cover a big chunk of his salary though and that won’t happen.

Jono078

Referee
So who besides Brooks is available and would improve our side minus Pearce
On playing ability I think there's options out there. It's the leadership, energy and enthusiasm we'll miss in Pearce.

I'd be hoping for Ponga, Clifford, Brailey and Saifiti to once again step up in that area to fill the void.

Regardless what happens it will be Clifford's year to make the team his, along with Ponga.

macavity

Referee
Still blown away people are against getting Brooks, if (big if) we aren’t paying full freight.

is a good player in a terrible team.

Very obviously needs a fresh start.

He would be an upgrade on Pearce for us.

Moot point as the tigers won’t let him go.

Burwood

Bench
He’s reportedly on $900,000 for the next two years. Tigers want to keep him. There’s zero chance we pick him up cheap for one year. If he’s coming, it’ll be a 3-4 year deal on very similar money to what he’s on now, and we’ll be paying every cent of it, not the tigers.

macavity

Referee
He’s reportedly on $900,000 for the next two years. Tigers want to keep him. There’s zero chance we pick him up cheap for one year. If he’s coming, it’ll be a 3-4 year deal on very similar money to what he’s on now, and we’ll be paying every cent of it, not the tigers.

dont agree. No chance he gets that from anyone, including the tigers. But sometimes money isn’t everything.

perverse

Referee
Alternatively, the Knights could shift Kalyn Ponga to five-eighth in a move that would allow Tex Hoy to play fullback with both dynamic players on the field at the same time.
I bet I'm not the only one that got a giggle out of that line in the article.

Burwood

Bench
So dynamic with two try assists and 1 line break in his career. Oh, and as many tackle breaks as other players make in 2-3 games.