What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

THE CHAMP

First Grade
hey Sputneek are you related to Shitty 1986,timka4 or adamkungl?
Hang on youre all from nsw so that would mean yes.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Best selling game in Queersland

492391-banjo_hero_super1.jpg

THE CHAMP

First Grade
the game is also only available for a console far too advanced for you.
keep practicing on the atari 2600 tho

adamkungl

Immortal
the game is also only available for a console far too advanced for you.
keep practicing on the atari 2600 tho

So what you're saying is he's a school kid, BUT his console of choice is 35 years old.

Your insults have more holes than the Broncos premiership chances.

sputneek

Juniors
how many years have you been saying that for now tard?

You don't understand. NSW have been building to this very moment. You think your period of success was good? NSW will double it. Wait until the 80th minute of game 2; you will be weeping while NSW prepare for 15 years of dominance!

THE CHAMP

First Grade
So what you're saying is he's a school kid, BUT his console of choice is 35 years old.

Your insults have more holes than the Broncos premiership chances.

ill respond but its hard due to your level of stupidity....... u r an idiot now go have your afternoon nap.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
You don't understand. NSW have been building to this very moment. You think your period of success was good? NSW will double it. Wait until the 80th minute of game 2; you will be weeping while NSW prepare for 15 years of dominance!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :crazy:

Dragon2010

First Grade
Ignore them.

Pearce is a solid player without being spectacular. Does he have what it takes to win us a series while in the squad?

I'd say so yes. He's not the most creative player on the back but he showed in GameII he can be a good all round defender and still be there in attack to run the ball and not got AWOL. Offers a above-average kicking game to with a few tough bombs he can launch would be bound to get an error or two.

It all depends who's in form but we need to pick a spine and stick with it. All these changes can't do us good the players need to gel together and bond not just throw in the "Flavor of the month".

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Ignore them.

Pearce is a solid player without being spectacular. Does he have what it takes to win us a series while in the squad?

I'd say so yes. He's not the most creative player on the back but he showed in GameII he can be a good all round defender and still be there in attack to run the ball and not got AWOL. Offers a above-average kicking game to with a few tough bombs he can launch would be bound to get an error or two.

It all depends who's in form but we need to pick a spine and stick with it. All these changes can't do us good the players need to gel together and bond not just throw in the "Flavor of the month".

count how many times Pearce is the first in on Thaiday at full steam. It affects his attacking game a lot. The nsw forwards have to stop this from happening. Watch what happens to any nsw forward who tried to single out Lockyer. Thats how you stop it.

mongoose

Coach
As I've said before, the 2 half of '08 & '10 is the only time he's fired. About a seasons worth of good form. Been meh the rest of his career.

Fair call but that purple patch he had in 2008 wasn't just good, it was utterly incredible. Similar to what Hayne did in 2009. He made Colin Best the most dangerous centre in the game ffs. His second half of 2010 was good, not quite as impressive at 2008 though. He just has that potential to explode more than some of the other NSW halves options.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Since 2004 he has played approx 100 games. Thats an average of 14 games per season, granted he didn't cement a spot until 2006... But your definition of 'major' injury may be a bit different to mine.

Actually no, it wan't until 2008 that he cemented a position in first grade. In 2006 we had Todd Carney and Jason Smith in the halves. 2007 was mainly Carney and Dobson.

So a big chunk of those 100 games came in 2008, 2009 & 2010. Which means he did not miss a lot of football prior to his knee injury at the end of 2010.

So if my definition of a "major injury" is different to yours then please tell me what the other major injuries were prior to last season.....

RHCP

Bench
Ignore them.

Good post, I agree. Pearce will never be an x factor but he will always be reliable.

Re: Campese. I don't think being 'injury prone' will affect him at all, rather how coming off 2 serious injuries in the last year or so will. But even then he will need more then the time between Round 1 and Origin 1 to prove he's up for a Blues jersey.