Mitchell V Reynolds Goalkicking?

Discussion in 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' started by Rabbit toes, Jan 14, 2020.

?

Goal kicker 1st choice

1. Mitchell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Reynolds

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Rabbit toes

Rabbit toes Bench

Good position to be in now with 2 excellent goalkickers in the starting side. Who’s you’re 1st choice kicker?

For me it’s still Reynolds. Allow him to keep doing what he does well. Hopefully with no back issues this year he’ll go strong.

callmack1 likes this.
  2. callmack1

callmack1 Moderator Staff Member

I'd pick Reyno too.

However, here's a left field option,

Reyno is a right footed kicker, Latrell is left footed. It is easier/more comfortable to kick goals with the right foot from the left hand side of the field and vice versa for left footed kickers. This is just because of the angles and stuff.

So what if we had two goal kickers in 2020? Reyno kicks all the goals on the left hand side of the field, Latrell kicks all the goals from the right hand side.

Legion and Rabbits20 like this.
  3. Travitoh

Travitoh Bench

I have often wondered why this isn't already common practice in the NRL, at least having a second option from the weak side touchline.

callmack1 likes this.
  4. Souths Till I Die

Souths Till I Die First Grade

If Latrell is playing fullback like he seemed to indicate in the press conference I’d say Reynolds. Fullback has to do the most running on the field. Giving him that extra burden is unnecessary when Reynolds is such a good kicker when on point. Field goals and goal line drop outs are a different story though. Latrells dropkick is f**king awesome.

Rabbits20 likes this.
  5. The Silverdale Phantom

The Silverdale Phantom Juniors

Good to see other loyal Souths players being spoken about as dispensable now that old mate has been signed.

All faith in a guy who didn’t honour his last contract, wouldn’t take instructions from his coach, failed in origin, abandoned his club in a critical part of the season, then humiliated his coach and chairman.

It was the wrong thing to do, as was our insane mega offer. Of course our Chairman was new. We’ve locked him away now.

Can you really ask your other players to buy in after this?

Once he starts pussyfooting around, you are going to get a latrell group and a non latrell group.

The start of the end of the recent resurgence.

You know not what you do.

An apology to the roosters might be a good place to start your penance. Forget the past, be the bigger club.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  6. Rabbits20

Rabbits20 Immortal

Completely agree bro, use Reyno for goal kicking for sure but on drop outs Latrell can kick them 70 metres so he gets that job and then we can use one of Reyno or Latrell as a decoy on field goals.

callmack1 and Souths Till I Die like this.
  7. Rabbit toes

Rabbit toes Bench

I’m not totally against the idea. gotta convince Wayne tho!

callmack1 likes this.
  8. The Windsor Rabbit

The Windsor Rabbit Juniors

As long as Reno is fit and has no niggles I would give him the kicking tea.

callmack1 likes this.