What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MJ..."This Is It"

Engine

Juniors
Who is going to see the great man on the big screen?? I have only been to the big screen twice this year. Im sure MJ will be better than crappy Indy Jones and Night at the Museum 2...lol

I saw the preview of this when I went to the cinema's on Saturday night. I was squirming in my seat it looked that bad.

He was a talented musician no doubt about it, but turn the microphone off and watching him as a person is deadset eerie.

DB

First Grade
but the thing is this is going to smash box office records i reckon.

I saw the preview of this when I went to the cinema's on Saturday night. I was squirming in my seat it looked that bad.

He was a talented musician no doubt about it, but turn the microphone off and watching him as a person is deadset eerie.

Why is it eerie? He was a fascinating human being.

I'm looking forward to it. The whole thing looks amazing from the trailers and clips, plus the interest in it is huge. No doubt it will smash a few box office records.

I'm pretty sure the movie will prove that MJ still had it and wasn't some frail old man

At best he was strange - sleeping in the same bed as kids.

At worst he was a pedo.

Less I know about this gent the better.

LESStar58

Referee
Who is going to see the great man on the big screen?? I have only been to the big screen twice this year. Im sure MJ will be better than crappy Indy Jones and Night at the Museum 2...lol

Indy 4 is dead to me.

NATM 2 has Amy Adams in it and a movie could be the biggest piece of sh*t in the world but I'd still see it if she was in it!

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The movie is totally swell.

Sure, some of Michael's dance moves were starting to look a bit spastic because obviously he wasn't as agile as in his prime, and the singing was patchy (mostly because it was only rehearsals and he was deliberately conserving his voice) but I was really surprised at how good it was.

Godz Illa

Coach
Felt the same way after seeing it the other night. It is quite good. The songs were entertaining (except Earth Song, which has always been sh*t), the making-of aspect is insightful and the man himself is kind of endearing. Plus there's something fun about watching people revelling in creativity

Charlie124

First Grade
I really enjoyed it.

Obviously he was saving his voice a lot of the time and even some of the dancing you could tell he was just stepping through the moves instead of going at 100% (eg. in Billie Jean the whole cinema was waiting for him to bust out a moonwalk. Instead he just did a half assed one on the spot, it was only rehearsal afterall.)

Overall im glad i went to see it, would have been one hell of a final tour.