What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moeen Ali claiming he was racially abused by Australian player.

Meth

Staff member
Great decision moderators. He may not have broken rules (although he may have), but the consensus seemed to be that he really dragged down the quality of the place. A forum without him is a much better forum indeed.

_snafu_

Immortal
Getting back on the subject of the thread, it appears that what is alleged to have been said happened when England was fielding.

You would have thought at least one other Pom on the field would have heard it.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Getting back on the subject of the thread, it appears that what is alleged to have been said happened when England was fielding.

You would have thought at least one other Pom on the field would have heard it.

didn't Moeen field in close a bit? Could have been said then so others didn't or couldn't hear it?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
No new details on Moeen claim: CA
CA close investigation in Moeen Ali's claim he was called 'Osama' during 2015 Ashes

24 September 2018

A re-examination of Moeen Ali's claim he was vilified by an Australia opponent during the 2015 Ashes series has failed to unearth any new details regarding the England allrounder's allegations.

Cricket Australia has now closed the book on Moeen's complaint, which was investigated on evidence he provided at the time of the alleged incident at Cardiff during the first Test of the 2015 campaign and revisited after he wrote of his anger in extracts from his soon-to-be-released memoir.

The CA inquiry sought additional information on Moeen's allegation – that he was called 'Osama' in reference to Islamic terrorist Osama Bin Laden – from the England and Wales Cricket Board, as well as members of Australia's team management during that 2015 Ashes campaign.

Although that yielded no fresh details about the alleged taunt which, according to investigations at the time and subsequently, was not heard by other players from either team or umpires, CA reiterated its abhorrence of any remarks that breached accepted standards of on-field behaviour.

"We have followed up with the ECB and our Team Management and confirmed that the incident was investigated at the time, with a response provided to Moeen," a CA spokesman said today.

"Moeen elected not to progress the matter any further and we have not been able to ascertain any new additional evidence through our enquiries.

"As such, the matter is considered closed.

"We take a zero-tolerance approach to remarks of this nature, they have no place in our sport, or in society and any allegations raised with us are treated seriously and respectfully.

"Representatives of our country are expected to uphold a high standard of behaviours and values, and they are fully aware of the consequences should they fail to do this."

Under the ICC's Code of Conduct, players who believe they have been subject to vilification can pursue the matter through formal complaint which is then investigated by match officials.

While Moeen's complaint was raised at the time by England coach Trevor Bayliss with his then-Australia counterpart Darren Lehmann, the explanation from the player allegedly involved (who Moeen has not identified publicly) was that he used the term 'part-timer', not 'Osama'.

Moeen, who was playing his first Ashes Test and the 12th of his career, did not take the matter further though he revealed in his book he has never been as enraged during a match as he was that day.

"It was a great first Ashes Test in terms of my personal performance," Moeen wrote in his upcoming memoir, an extract from which appeared in Britain's The Times newspaper earlier this month.

"However there was one incident which had distracted me. An Australian player had turned to me on the field and said, 'Take that, Osama'.

"I could not believe what I had heard. I remember going really red. I have never been so angry on a cricket field.

"He denied it, saying 'No, I said 'Take that, you part-timer.

"I had to take the player's word for it, though for the rest of the match I was angry."

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/moe...osama-2015-ashes-cricket-australia/2018-09-24

TheParraboy

Staff member
ImageHandler.ashx

$45

https://www.dymocks.com.au/book/moeen-by-mihir-bose-and-moeen-ali-9781911630050/#.W6noVPZuLIU

Latest posts