What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monday Night Football

forward pass

Coach
The new contract the League have signed with Fox means there will be a Monday Night match every week from 2006.

This has been tried before and failed. I can't imagine too many people would want to attend a match on a Monday night. What do others think?

Personally. I'll watch the Eels any night but not sure if many others will attend.

The Colonel

Immortal
I'd be there with bells on. I only live five minutes up the road and would be happy to make it on a Monday night....it would be easier than a Friday night.

Kornstar

Coach
I would be there no matter what, if it were in Newcastle i would leave work early and go, definately not an issue with me........

Macca_

Coach
TV is the big thing here. If I was going to all the eels games each weekend, I'd hate it to be a Monday game.

But watching on tv, I don't mind a Monday night game...

Macca_

Glenn

First Grade
Yes there is a article on the foxsports website, not thrilled on the idea of MNF, but where ever possible will go.
Outside of School holidays going to be a crowd killer, as far as families goes IMHO

eels_fan

First Grade
The Components of the new agreement between NRL/Nine/Fox are:

* 2 friday night games every week, with Nine broadcasting both (one live one delay)
* Super Saturday remaining
* One live game on sunday for fox, one delayed on nine (as usual)
* One live game every monday night shown on Fox

Macca_

Coach
eels_fan said:
* 2 friday night games every week, with Nine broadcasting both (one live one delay)
* Super Saturday remaining
* One live game on sunday for fox, one delayed on nine (as usual)
* One live game every monday night shown on Fox

Is that a live Friday night game on nine?

Macca_

MNF worked at first, when they had it in the 80's. It was excepted for a while.

To make it work though, it has to be the top game of the round or the 2nd best.

If they try playing last v's 4th last, it wont work.

Thats what killed it last time.

Nikki

Coach
Isnt there gunna be two games on a Friday night too. I hate Monday night football. Its hard enough for me to get to Friday night games with changing shifts. Plus I League Bowl on a Monday night... GRRR!!

rowdy

First Grade
people working wouldnt get to see lower grades...booo! but hey, football anytime is cool by me

Hurriflatch

Referee
a lot of people don't show up for the lower grades regardless of when it's played.

I don't mind MNF but as was said it'll need to be a good game for it to work.

Latest posts