What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moneyball

Paullyboy

Coach
Is anyone on here playing moneyball.com.au? It seems to be pretty much the FanDuel concept that is so popular with American sports (where you pay to play in a fantasy each week and the winners of each little competition get the cash). I won a 3 person league last week, was pretty cool. Definitely needs more members though as most of the competitions don’t seem to fill up, which means they don’t go ahead.

I don’t really know how else to talk about it without making it sound like an advertisement.​

well.
heres the dealio paully.
I don't think this will be as successful here for two reasons.

1. The most favoured version of fantasy sports in asutralia is the supercoach model, in which every player is always available. the draft system has not quite caught on yet.

2. unlike in America, where sports gambling is illegal, and fan duel etc is a work around.
we can punt on everything. so id say people may be less likely to pay for fantasy when they can just bet against the sharks etc.

That isn't to say it wont work though.

The key to get it really popular IMO would be in a major bookmaker ran it.

Say there was a fantasy comp on Ladbrokes or something.

in any case, if it catches on that would be cool

Last edited:

Franko

Juniors
I've been playing this now with NBA, Big bash and one day internationals. Looking forward to playing NRL on it.

Latest posts